3. retail therapy

Ben hadn't called me yet, like he said he would when he landed, so I assumed he was still in Richmond

Ben hadn't called me yet, like he said he would when he landed, so I assumed he was still in Richmond. He had told me he wasn't going to get to New York for a few more days because he had to finish up some work back home. That wasn't what it sounded like on the phone the other day, but I let it slide.

Ben hardly ever gave me a reason not to trust him.

However, I had always found that shopping was the best way to ease my mind. When I was eleven, my older sisters would take me to Chanel and Neiman Marcus in the city almost every weekend. If we couldn't convince someone to drive us, we would walk. We lived basically down the street. Even when Adrianna left for college four years ago, Courtney and I still went every weekend. It was tradition. If Courtney was a bitch, we still went. If I was being that annoying little sister, we still went. Nothing was more important than our weekly shopping sprees.

So naturally, after two long days of unpacking and moving into my new house, there was nothing I wanted to do more than run to Chanel and spend as much as I could. Only one small problem, I didn't know where the nearest one was. Same with the closest Neiman Marcus. The only place I could think of was Saks. I remembered Mrs. Williams taking me Christmas shopping there one year when I was like eight. It was one of those times she and I had both agreed that Nicholas was getting too annoying and we both needed some time away.

"Dad! I'm going shopping!" I yelled from right in front of the door.

"Sounds good," my dad yelled back from wherever he was in the house. Probably in his office. I was almost out the door when I was stopped.

"Wait, Brooke," my dad said from the hallway into the foyer. "While you're out, you should try and find some uniform clothes for your new school."

"Why can't I wear the same ones from my old school?" I asked.

"Because the colors are different...Prescott Academy wants all their students in blue and red skirts and blazers. And white shirts, but I think you still have those from your old school, right?"

I nodded. Obviously the new school would have a different uniform, how stupid was I?

"Do you have any plans for us for dinner?" I asked, wondering what time I would need to be back.

"No, I have to check into my new office here and make sure everything's going smoothly there with the transition and everything," my dad explained.

"Ok then. I'll be back at some point tonight," I said before leaving.

The Saks in New York was so much bigger than the one in Richmond. That was my only thought as I walked through the New York one. But, regardless of size, I could spend hours in one of these. Though, I made sure to listen to my father and found three skirts in red and blue and a navy blazer for school. But, since I managed that, I had spent the next two hours wandering around, grabbing anything I found gorgeous.