Mokuna ʻEha~

An apology is due for all you lovely readers and fans. I am so very sorry about taking forever and five days to update. I just have had such an overwhelming school year and just began basketball season which makes updates even less likely :/

BUTBUTBUT it's almost Winter Break which means there will most definitely be many updates then.

I don't know why I am compelled to tell you guys that I have just recently completed my PE final, which was a 10 mile bike and 3 mile run and I managed to do it within an hour and 20 minutes. Which is an impressive feat for me.

Oh okay I get it, on to the story then ! ~

_____________*____________

I fell into a fitful slumber, having multiple dreams with a myriad of scenarios of Josh and I arguing. Each time it ended in us splitting up.

It wasn't exactly a pleasant night.

I awoke once, in the wee hours of the morning, Harry and Louis were cuddled up on either side of me breathing softly. The sticky, salty trails of tears carved paths down my pale cheeks. Somehow I managed to go back to sleep and mercifully, my subconscious granted me with no dreams at all for the remainder of the night.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Meliiiiisssssaaaa." A voice murmured into my ear, their breath tickling the sensitive skin.

"Meliiiiiisssssssssaaaaaaaaaa." They said again, raising their volume a tad bit. I groaned, not yet ready to wake up and threw the pillow over my head in attempt to fend whomever it was off.

I waited, everything was silent and I relaxed in relief until I felt a slight shift in the bed. Oh, what did they --

"IT'S TIME TO WAKE UUUUPPPP !" Someone shouted and began bouncing on the bed as if it were a trampoline rather than a piece of furniture. I flung the covers off and aimed a death glare at the perpetrator.

I was completely startled to see who was at the receiving end of my glare.

Niall.

"Oh." I said, laughing a little and loosening up, all hostility and irritation gone. He grinned at me, flashing his braces.

"Want to go to the zoo? I wanted to get out but all the other lads are gone." He shrugged and looked at me expectantly.

"Sure, why not ? I'll just go get ready and you can meet me at my room in a few ?" I said and he hopped off happily, exiting the room and somehow he took the warmth with him.

Where was everyone else ? More importantly, where was Josh? I huffed, I was still very upset with him but if there was one good thing about those horrid dreams last night it was that they made me realize how much I absolutely couldn't bear to lose him.

I went down the hall to my room, peering nervously inside just in case Niall was wrong and Josh was still here. He wasn't. I threw on a loose beige, off the shoulder blouse and paired it with light wash skinnies and beige heels. I applied a quick coat of mascara and lipgloss to touch up the look and pulled my hair into a messy bun. I hastily grabbed my tote and texted Niall, telling him I was ready and waiting.

He met me within seconds and we set off to the Chester Zoo, sitting in somewhat awkward silence for a few minutes as he drove.

"How are you feeling?" He said timidly, as if he were testing the waters of my mood with his words.

"I'm fine, pleasant I guess. Why do you ask?" I know he was referring to the argument I had with Josh but I felt the need to keep the conversation going.

He shrugged, hands tightening slightly on the wheel. "Just concerned..." He said softly and after a moment added, "This will all get better soon. Just have to get over these few bumps in the road but he cares too much about you to let something like this in the way..."

I look at him, raising my eyebrows but not disagreeing with him. His words are kind but I feel a soft blow in my gut. Will me and Josh get through this ?

At the zoo Niall and I enjoy ourselves, looking at the meerkats, polar bear , hippos, giraffes, and other animals that I never had the opportunity to see before.

I grew up on the Big Island of Hawaii where the best our zoo could offer was a white Bengal tiger. I didn't go to any other zoos so this was a first time experience for me.

"Are you hungry ?" Niall asked me as we passed the alligator exhibit. I nodded nod he unexpectedly grabbed hold of my hand and led me to some food stand where he bought us burgers and we found a place to sit.

I chewed thoughtfully and looked around at the other people, somehow we managed to go around without much interruption by fans or paparazzi. My gaze wandered from a small boy and girl playing a game of tag together to a young couple sitting together, smiling and laughing without a care in the world.

I gazed longingly at them, wanting to be able to be like that again. I didn't understand why it affected me so much but somehow I was so upset about not being with Josh.

"Hey, do you wanna go back?" Niall asked softly, his face full of sympathy and concern.

I nodded silently and he cleared up our table, grabbing my hand and taking me to the car.

On our ride back we stopped by a McDonalds because Niall wanted an ice cream and I got one also.

"Hey, let's go stop at that park over tere." I say on a whim, pointing at a large area full of trees and benches and I can spot a bridge going over a decent sized pond. He parks and we get out, eating our cones. He follows me to a bench overlooking the pond and we sit in comfortable silence.

I watch him without realizing it. He watches as a family of ducks swim around as he licks his ice cream. He accidentally gets some in his nose and frowns, trying to get it with his tongue. Involuntarily, I laugh at him and he blushes ten shades of pink. I hand him a napkin to wipe off his nose and he giggles, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Thanks, Niall." I say after I settle down, my voice serious.

"For what?" He asks, my change of tone catching his attention.

"For today, I had a really fun time. And for being a great friend. To me and Josh. I don't know what we would do without you." I reply, and much to his surprise and my own I hug him. At first he doesn't respond, but soon he wraps his arms around me and squeezes with the same amount of pressure that I do. The embrace is warm and brief.

"No problem, it's what I'm here for." He says when we pull apart. We say nothing else on the ride back to the hotel.

___________________*____________________

So sorry if it sucked :/ but I think I may update one more time this weekend. Love you all, my babies ! :*

-Kae~