Mokuna 'Elima~

Winter Break is here (: Finally! I've been going through the chapters because I kind of forgot the storyline and I noticed some things that didn't add up and I fixed them :p but anyway, here's the next chapter guys! Thanks for all the support!

~ Special thanks to the lovely _foreverdreaming for the new cover (: Check her out guys!!

______________________*_____________________

(C) All Rights Reserved

We got back to the hotel and was surprised with a very upset, very angry looking Josh sitting on our bed. I had been hoping that they would still be out because I wasn't sure if I were ready to face Josh just yet but it was too late for that now. I sighed, and moved to stand right in front of him. He looked up at me, his brown eyes smoky with irritation. He remained silent and brooding, working a muscle in his jaw. I returned his stare, not backing down a single bit. Finally, he broke.

"I don't know what to say right now." Josh said accusingly, which managed to piss me off just a tad bit.

I let out a cackle, which isn't very attractive, I know, but it came out nonetheless. "Excuse me? Why do you feel as if you need to say something right now? I didn't do anything wrong!"

He grit his teeth together and whipped his head to the side, breaking our eye contact. "I'm sorry but I think just going off with your boyfriend's best mate without letting me know isn't exactly appropriate."

"What?!" I shouted with disbelief. "He's my beard have to be seen in public with him! You're the one who even suggested him! And who the hell are you to be accusing me of just 'going off' ? When Niall woke me up you and everyone else were gone." 

He looked at me again and shook his head, standing up to be able to glare down at me. "We all left to get you guys breakfast. We didn't want to wake you. Oh, I also got you this. " he turned around to grab something out of his bedside dresser and handed me a boquet of white roses and a small giftbox.

My anger subsided a bit, and I felt a little bad. This was so sweet, but he still didn't have the right to accuse me of any wrongdoing when it wasn't like I knew that he was going to come back.

"Josh, this is really nice but we only went to the zoo." I said in a lighter tone, trying to calm him down.

He frowned, "The zoo?" he asked, his voice hard but not as argumentative any more.

"Yeah, the zoo. All we did was go there, then grab some lunch. "

He furrowed his brows, looking more confused and relieved than his previous mask of betrayal and resentment. "Wait so, what about these?" he asked and showed me some pictures that people tweeted of me and Niall. We were in the park, sitting on the bench, one was taken at an angle that made it appear as if we were kissing, and another was of us hugging. I laughed at them with dry humor. Of course this shit would be all over already. I was really starting to become annoyed with the problems people could cause so quickly.

"We stopped at the park because Niall wanted ice cream. I was troubled so I began to talk about us. I hugged him but that was it!" 

He let out a heavy breath and I had to smile at how cute he looked, his cheeks tinged a little pink in embarrassment. He looked at me sheepishly, feeling a little bad about his initial hostility. He held out his arms to me and I walked into them, hugging him. He smelled clean and fresh, like he just came out of the shower. I loved the way how I felt so normal just standing there in his arms. We broke apart and he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

This kiss was so sweet and blissful, feeling as if this were the first time we have ever kissed. I missed the way his lips felt on mine, how they moved with perfect synchronism. We surfaced for breath but before he could pull away completely I laced my fingers together behind his neck and pushed his mouth down onto mine for another intoxicating kiss. I pulled away this time and he rested his forehead on mine, breathing a bit hard. 

He was always the one to demand more kisses, and I was usually the more timid one so this surprised him. He bit his lip and pressed our bodies together tightly. "This is cheesy, but, I'm glad I met you." he says softly and I just smile. " Same here, Joshy."

~*~*~ The next morning ~*~*~

"He had to leave for rehearsal." I say into my cellphone, sitting at the Starbucks alone with my laptop in front of me, half of an essay completed.

"Oh, well what are you doing then?" My little sister, Rylee, asked.

"At a Starbucks, doing homework." I reply. " I got something for you from London." I say sweetly and smile when I hear her gasp in excitement.

"Oh really? Thank you Sissy!" her little 8 year old voice pipes up and I feel my throat constrict. I really missed her.

"Yup! Hey, umm, where's Carson?" I ask.

"Right here, he's being irritating and touching all my stuff." she whines into the phone. I laugh. 

"Alright well give him the phone and I'll tell him to stop." I wait for a little and hear shuffling on the other line before my 9 year old brother picks up.

"Hey Melissa," he says casually.

"Hey Carson, how are you?"

"I'm doing alright. We won our game last weekend."

"Oh really? Against who?"

"The Angels. I scored two doubles and a home run. They let me catch most of the game again so my ankles are sore." he was talking as if it were nothing, being a little man and I smiled in affection.

"That's great! So umm,  how's mom and dad doing?" I lowered my voice instinctively.

This time he wasn't so eager to respond and his tone took on a more serious note. "Well, they haven't got into any bad fights this week."

I nodded, biting my lip. "How are their drinking?" 

He took a long pause. " Umm, nothing's changed." he replied. I felt chagrin build up in my chest, utter disgust at their lack of consideration for my brother and sister.

"Alright. I'll try to come back soon, okay? And fix things..." I left it at that, knowing I might just be leaving another empty promise to my brother. It made me sad at how old he sounded. Too old for someone his age. Too mature. 

"Yeah, I know Melissa."

"Miss you guys."

"Miss ya too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up, not feeling up to finishing my paper anymore.

___________________________________________________

Things are beginning to be set up more, so yay for that! Once again thank you to all you beauties out there (;

Love you my babies :*

-"Kae"