Mokuna ʻEono~

I have a five day weekend! Thank you private school~ Oh and My baskrtball team just won our game, Im so proud of that even though yʻall probably donʻt care. Lol. On to the story then, babes.

~"Kae" xx

________________________________________________

I sat at the table, staring at the screen and not feeling the motivation to continue my essay. It wasnʻt due for another week, I told myself, so I sighed and pushed the lid of the laptop closed. I began to gather all of my things when a familiar voice startled me.

"Before you leave, mind if I sit down for a cuppa?" I look up into the dazzling green orbs of my cousin, Harry. I plaster a smile on my face that wasnʻt entirely genuine and nodded.

"Sure you can." The initial surprise was still evident in my voice.

He gracefully pulled out the chair opposite me and languidly folded his tall frame into the seat. He brought his cup up to his lips, watching me intently. 

"Why are you here? Didnʻt you have rehearsal?" I asked, trying to divert his attention away from me. He probably knew that something was bothering me already but I was going to try all that I could to avoid his imminent battalion of questions.

He cleared his throat, giving me a look to let me know that he knew what I was doing and I wasnʻt going to be let off that easy. I feigned innocence as he supplied me with his response. " We did, but we got off early."

I quirked my head to the side in question. "You never end early, what happened?"

There was something about the way his eyes flickered away from mine and the deliberate movement of his hands bringing his cup back up to my lips that set off an alarm in my head. In that split second I already knew there was something he didnʻt want to tell me, and I was going to pry that out of him.

"Nothing, we just happened to not require any further coaching." He replied smoothly, and if it were anyone but Harry I would have left it at that. But this was Harry, and he was my cousin, and I could read him like an open book.

Funny, isnʻt it sometimes, how something can first work against you, then totally turn for your own benefit.

"Liar." I stated, giving him a cool look.

His eyes snapped to mine, narrowing a bit as a smirk played across his mouth. " Am I really?" his reply was so easy that I almost second-guessed myself. But I knew that I wasn't wrong, there was a muscle twitching in his jaw and his eyes, although directed at my face, refused to meet mine.

"Harry, you tell me what you're hiding from me now. Or I'll find out later and whoop your ass."

His facade fell apart and he looked at me camly, sighing. "Melissa, it's no big deal, really." 

I rolled my eyes at him, "Great, so that means you'll have no problem telling me what it is then?"

He flinched, and guided his gaze to the half full starbucks cup that he gripped between his hands. "I think it's better if you just drop it. Trust me, It's better."

I huffed indignantly, beginning to become extremely impatient with my stubborn ass cousin. I glared at him, my face a mask of utmost seriousness. "Tell me. Now. Or so help me you will no longer be a boy by the end of the day."

He looked at me, a flash of iration passing through is eyes but they were soon replaced with a mix of pity, concern, and perhaps a little fear.

"Okay, just promise me you won't get mad straight away though, okay? Please just try to keep a level head."

I waved my hand impatiently, rolling my eyes sassily. "Yeah yeah yeah just spit it out, Curly."

He wrung his hands together and avoided my gaze once again as he began to speak. "Well, halfway through rehearsal, Management called..."

I waited for him to continue after his long pause, feeling some odd emotion bubble up inside me that was something like anticipation and dread mixed together into an unpleasant concoction.

"They called for Josh..."

I narrowed my eyes, the feeling getting stronger and growing in the pit of my stomach.

"So he left... and well, erm."

He took a deep breath.

"They..."

I hadn't even noticed that I was gripping the edge of the table so tightly, my fingernails digging into the cheap wood. I was nearly on the edge of my seat waiting for him to spit it out, although I had a sick feeling that I already knew what it was.

"They found his cover-up"

_________________________________________

Sorry it's short. I plan on making chapters more lengthy and I'm gonna plan out the rest of the book so It's gonna be all smooth sailing from there. :3

Thanks for everything babes !!