20. Discoveries of the Family

"Yes I'm telling you, this is it." I say and look down at the picture. "The last piece of the puzzle.

"Okay just keep that evidence close and I'll be right there." Hilary says and hangs up. I hang up, too and put the phone on the desk.

My mom comes in and looks at the pictures. "I still have that picture?" She says and her eyes widen. I quickly grab them and show them to her.

"Do you know this little girl?" I ask.

My mom stares at the picture. I wait but she just stares at it. After a while he shakes her head and rubs her nose.

"No I don't, sorry sweetie." She says.

"Liar."

"Excuse me?" She says.

"Mom why would you keep this picture if you didn't know who this baby was? Mom, I need you to be honest." I say.

"Look young lady I don't need to explain nothing to you and that picture must of belong to your aunt and accidentally got mixed up in here." She says.

Someone then knocks on the door and I run downstairs to answer it. It's Hilary and Erica. I take them in my room and close the door. Then I lock it.

"Show me the picture." Hilary says and I show her the pictures. she stares at them.

"What do you think?"

She shakes her head. "This isn't enough evidence." Hilary hands me the pictures.

"Don't you have a younger cousin and that's what the baby is?" Erica suggests.

"Not that I know of. I only have two girl cousins that are my age. Besides, my mom claimed that she has never seen that baby." I point out. "If she were my cousin she would know."

"Well you're holding her here don't you know her?" Hilary asks.

"No I don't remember." I say and rub my forehead.

"How can you not remember?" Erica says and Hilary looks at the pictures again.

"I don't know I was about nine in that picture who knows!" I say.

"So you know your age in that picture but not who you're holding?" Erica says.

"I'm guessing!" I say.

"You must be around the same age in these pictures because this face had a body." Hilary says.

"What?" I grab the pictures and stare at them. It's true, the face is a baby and the body you can't really see but you can tell that the baby is crawling.

"The baby came out in the family photo and in this photo but he baby looks more older in the family photo." Erica says.

"So I must be older, too." I say.

"But we don't know if they're the same babies." Hilary says.

"I don't know why but this must be the secret Red is talking about. I don't know what other secret Red could be talking about." I say. "I thought I had no secrets."

"Turns out your family has a secret." Erica says. "That your mom won't tell you about."

"How does Red know about this though?" Hilary says. How does Red know about this but I don't?

"Jacob must of known!" I say.

"What?" Erica and Hilary both say.

"Think about it. Why is Red killing all these people?" I say.

"Maybe to make you suffer." Erica says obviously.

"I thought so too but me and Maya were in a fight and yet Red killed her." I say.

"Yet we don't know or have evidence to prove Red killed them." Hilary says.

"Hold on, Maya is dead?" Erica says.

"Yeah, how do you know?" I ask Hilary.

"It came in the newspaper." Hilary says.

"Maybe Maya knew something." Erica says. "That could be the cause of her death. Red wants it to remain a secret."

"If that's true why hasn't Red burned the photos, the main evidence?" Hilary says. "I think this whole thing doesn't have any evidence-"

"Well we need to try Hilary!" I interrupt.

"Okay, Red could of killed Maya and Jacob because they knew something about this baby." Erica says.

"How would Maya know though?" I ask.

"Maybe someone told her." Erica says.

"But who?"

"Maybe Jacob and Maya were a team."

"Unlikely. He never left his room." I say. And then I remember the perfect view of the skatepark. "Hey isn't Maya perfect at skateboarding?" I ask.

"Yeah I think so." Hilary says.

"Either way we can't let anyone know about this, to avoid deaths." Erica says.

"I'm not gonna tell anyone. I need to look for more pictures and interrogate my mom." I say. "Stay safe girls."

We say bye and they leave. I grab all the photos and hide them in my bag. Then I go to sleep.

I wake up later and I walk to the living room. I then stop because I see my parents talking to each other. My mom...and dad.

"Stop drinking." My mom says.

"Shut up!" He says.

I then see that baby from the picture crawling. The baby then sees me and smiles. While my parents argue, the baby crawls to me and I pick her up. My parents notice and I stare at the photo in my bag.

"Mom, who is this baby?" I ask.

"Sweetie give me the baby." My mom says.

"Where the hell is Jacob!?" My dad says and falls on the couch. I don't give my mom the baby though.

"Who is she?" I ask again and my mom sighs.

"She's your-" she stops and my dad throws a bottle of beer to her head. My mom falls on the floor and I scream.

"Mom?" I say and start to cry. "Mom wake up!" My dad walks to me and takes the baby who starts to cry, too.

"Shh! Silence!" My dad says.

"You monster! Control yourself!" I say.

Then I wake up and look around. It was all just a dream. Just a dream. I take a deep breath and lay back down slowly. I need to know who that baby is.

Hey guys I hope you like A Dangerous Lie because it's getting interesting! Okay so I would love to go over the book but I actually want to say Happy New Year! Also, check out a book coming soon called Once I was Broken. I don't know when I'll start doing it but the more views I get, the more encouraged I get to continue it. So please when you have a chance check Once I Was Broken book that's coming soon and enjoy A Dangerous Lie. Comment what you think in the comments section and you have any ideas for the book don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks and Happy New year!