2. Places and Stalkers

I close my locker and to my surprise, Gabriella, the popular girl, walks over to Micheal.

"Hi Mike. You look cute today." She says.

"Go away." Michael says.

"Oh come on Mikey give me a chance!" She pleads.

He sighs and walks into class. I roll my eyes and walk over to Erica and Hilary.

"What's up?" I say.

"Not much." Erica says and smiles.

"Ready for class?" I say.

"Yeah." Hilary says. We walk into math class and sit down in our desks. I see Michael pass by the classroom.

"Do you ever wonder where Michael goes?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's always tardy." Erica says.

"It's strange." Hilary says. Yeah, he's always tardy.

The teacher starts her attendance. "Oliver?"

"Here!"

"Jesse?"

"Present!"

"Hilary?" The teacher says.

"Here." Hilary raises her hand casually.

"Ryan?"

"Here!"

"Erica?"

Erica raises her hand. "In your presence."

"Okay. Kaylee?"

"Here!"

"Tommy?"

"Not here." A guy says.

"Katherine?"

"Here!"

"Jenifer?"

"Here!"

"Jade?"

"Here." I say. The teacher types something in her computer and smiles.

"Okay and where's Michael?" She asks. Everyone sighs.

"He's never here. He'll be back though." Someone says. He's always back every 12 minutes.

"Michael? Late again? Not in my class!" The teacher walks out.

"Where do you think he is?" Hilary asks.

"I don't know." I say. "But she's probably not gonna find him."

Then, the teacher comes with Michael. My eyes widen and she points at the desk next to me.

"Sit Mr." She says and he sits next to me. She leaves the classroom and he just looks down, playing with his fingers.

"What did you do?" I ask. He doesn't answer. I sigh. How will I get him to talk to me? I think about what Erica said.

"I can help you." I say. He glances at me and then looks back at the board.

I roll my eyes and just lean back on the chair.

"Michael let's go!" The teacher says and Michael follows her.

"What did he say?" Erica asks.

"Nothing." I say. Shocker.

"He doesn't talk to anyone." Hilary says.

"I guess." I say.

***

I walk to my locker and I notice he's back, his nose red. I watch him open his locker and he's staring at something. Strange.

I close my locker and he stares at me, almost like he knows I'm gonna walk up to him.

"Can I help you?'' He says.

"Um, I am just wondering something." I say.

"So I can't help you. Wonderful."

"Why don't you talk to me or anyone?" I say.

"I'm sorry," he slams his locker shut. "I don't remember giving you an invitation to my private life."

"Private?" I say.

"Yeah, private." He walks away and I think about that. I walk to Hilary and Erica who are talking about the latest trends.

"Hey guys." I say.

"Hey Jade." They say.

"Ready for lunch?"

"Yep." We walk to lunch together and sit at our regular table.

"So what are we doing today?" Hilary asks.

"I don't know. I don't think we're gonna do anything." I say.

"I guess that'll work out." Hilary says. I get up to go get a drink and walk over to the drinking fountain.

I take a sip of water and see Michael walk over the halls.

"Where are you going?" I ask. "You're not suppose to leave the cafeteria." He ignores me but I grab his arm. He pushes me away and I fall down.

"Just mind your own business. You don't want to mess with me!" Michael says. Is he threatening me?