Our Departure

"HUUFFF, HUFFFF"

For the longest time, I thought of dying... an empty soul like me had nothing but killing in mind and although killing was my purpose, I hated it.

I felt cursed.

"Ah... aha.."

But everything changed once you came into my life...

"C'mon, a little more... ha... I'm almost there."

You came into my life at the most perfect moment and I don't know how to properly thank you.

"AGH! Damn it.. this fucking hurts.."

The glistening moonlight from the sky was now starting to disappear, the sky was empty as it welcomed a new day. Many dead bodies were drenched in the red bloodshed. The thought of how many I killed ached in my heart...

How many of them were fathers?
Husbands?
Brothers?
Sons?

Although I am an assassin, taking a soul from a man never sat with me. I have the ability.. but who gave me the right to cut a life so short.

No one did.
Yet I still did to protect my own.

"It's the way of life, the strong will prey on the weak." Is something my father would say... but to hell with that.

"Clack...clack...clack"

Blood loss from my injury took a toll on me, the warmth of the red crimson blood ran down my leg and drenched my boots, I was leaving a small trail of blood behind but with so many dead bodies around me, all our blood mixed... it created havoc.

"Clack...clack...clack"

Blood flowed out of my limp body and splattered onto the floor. It seemed into every corner of the hallway along with everyone else and the beauty of the manor was ruined by the gore of the red, flowing blood.

"Agh, ... Where are you.."

The tall walls of the palace engulfed its coldness into the depths of my wounds. Each step I took, my knees buckled and I would fall towards the walls for support... they begged me to stop and to surrender myself to the cold floor filled with bodies.

But my heart,

It cried out for Hisoka.

I take a sharp turn around a corner and finally make it to some stairs and I find some hints of Hisoka.

3 joker cards were struck straight into the wall. Bodies were left behind, but his wasn't there.

You made it out...

I slowly tried to get up the first couple of steps from the stairs but quickly realized how futile it was. I had to bite my lip to keep from crying out.

Sharp pain lanced through my head and colorful spots flashed in front of my eyes, it felt like my whole body had been ripped and sliced off, every movement caused some muscle or bone to ache. Regardless, I needed to get out of here and find Hisoka.

Wincing In pain I started to grab the thick wood railing of the stairs and made slow progress up the never-ending flight.

"HUUFFF,HUFFFF"
Damn it..

"HUUFFF,HUFFFF"
DAMN IT.

I need to get to him fast.. I don't think I can last much longer ...

I'm loosing so much blood...

After talking a few final steps above the bloodstained stairs I find a large black metal door leading outside into the rooftop of this abandoned building.

I stretch out my hand and allow the warmth of my fragile fingertips to adventure out in touching the cold door first...

"CREEEEKKK"

"Ba...Bump..Ba...Bump"

In the midst of the cold dark night, a shirtless Hisoka watched the empty black sky...

"Hisoka... help.." I said losing strength in my voice, I held on the door frame for support while extending an arm slowly out to him.

His head faced straight up as his arms and nails dripped red blood, he was quiet and distracted... dead bodies surrounded him and he stood there above them all like the undefeated champion he was.

"Hisoka... please.." I say again.

Instantly, he turned his head and his eyes registered shock. Those beautiful metallic golden eyes filled up with pain and disbelief, like nothing he had ever seen. His widen eyes opened and his pupils shrank... he couldn't believe my condition. Hisoka quickly turned his bloodstained body and ran quickly to my side.

«~ Y/N ! ~»

His heart pounded loudly against his chest as his arms reached out to catch my fall.

«~ Y/N ! ~»

The rich worried tones of his voice filled my ears as he called out my name.

«~ Y/N ! NO.. NO, WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW RIGHT NOW! ~»

"Hisoka... Forgive me.." I say softly as my vision blurred..

Forgive
Me
...

The warmth of his arms welcomed me and in an instant I had forgotten about everything I was feeling...

The hot steamy warmth of his breath lightly touched my cold skin... his arms made love to my ripped wounds as my blood spilled onto his skin...

For the first time, I became the artist of the night. I was the one feeling the pale white canvas that Hisoka's skin was...
And my blood became the portrait splattered all over him..

Me...
Only me.

In the background the police sirens started to sing loudly as they were coming close to this wrecked palace, Hisoka didn't waste any time on getting us both out of there.

«~ My love... ~»

As the life fluid drained out of me in it's garish red, my skin took on the pallor of a corpse.

«~ cmon, hold on just a little longer..~»

My stomach felt sick and then one by one I lost control of my limbs until finally, my head slumped.

«~ You will never see the end of the road while you're traveling with me.. ~» he growled softly into the air.

Then, like a ghost, I slowly started slipping into a coma with death not far away.

I felt his arms levitate my body as he ran with my corpse throughout the empty slaughterhouse finding an exit to leave this hell.

"SWOOOOSHH"

I could still hear, I could hear his speedy footsteps run with me in his arms but I couldn't control my weak body.
Wherever we ended up didn't matter because finally..

I was home...
I am safe in his arms...

I'm finally home.