Chapter 5

Katsuki's POV

"I told you it would come back to bite you " Eiji told me. We sat on his bed in his dorm room. My back was up against the frame and Eiji laid in between my legs, his back up against me.

He fiddled with my hands in his lap.

After the whole incident in the locker rooms with Deku, Aizawa took him to recovery girl, but we weren't allowed to see him for the rest of the day. Aizawa said he needed rest and would explain more to us tomorrow.

"Jeez. No need to remind me." I muttered.

Eiji sighed and gripped my hands lightly. "I'm sorry, it's just, he really needs someone right now and seeing as you guys have known each other the longest, it only makes sense."

I nodded my head slightly in understanding. "What about you, huh?"

"What do you mean? I barely even know Midoriya." He questioned, looking up at me.

"You were the one who calmed him down from that panic attack. Not to mention the little pet name you gave him." Eijiro's face turned almost as red as his hair.

It had me questioning how Eiji really feels about Midoriya, but something tells me he doesn't know the answer quite yet either.

"I-I, it was just i-instinct! He was freaking out. I had to calm him down somehow." He freaked slightly waiving his hands in front of his face.

I laughed at his stuttering before pulling him closer to me and stuffing my face in his neck. "I know, but you were good at that. Thank you, I don't think I would've known what to do. I've only ever seen him like that one other time and I thought I'd never have to see it again." I whispered, my voice breaking slightly at the end.

"Did the Katsuki Bakugou just say thank you?" Eiji mocked.

I rolled my eyes and pulled back from him. "Hey! I can be human too! Just, don't get used to it."

"Trust me. I'm soaking it in right now."

"Ha ha. Whatever, shitty hair."

The room grew silent briefly. Both of us seemed lost in thought.

The words Deku said to me kept repeating in my head. I felt guilty for some strange reason, like I really had let him down.

However, the question still remains. Why do I care?

I never really put much thought into the question because I thought I didn't care, but deep down I know that's not true.

I grew up with the nerd and even though I hate to admit it, I still care about him. I just wanted to protect him, but I did it all wrong and now he's in more pain than ever.

To be honest, I thought I would never see him again when I joined UA, but he always proved me wrong and I'll be seeing him for the rest of my life, no matter where I go.

It's frustrating to say the least, but at the same time it's like a breath of relief.

Knowing he now has a quirk to defend himself and knowing he'll be near me if he ever needs my help somehow comforted me. Well, at least until I remembered all of the cruel things I've done to him and how he now hates me.

"What do you mean you've seen him like that before?" Eiji pulled me out of my thoughts with his abrupt question.

I sighed, knowing the question was gonna be asked eventually. "My mom and his were close and Deku had some family trouble a couple years ago. I think that was the first time I've ever seen him fall apart."

"What happened?"

"His mom passed away." I whispered, gripping Eiji tighter. Inko was like a second mother to me. She was the sweetest person I knew. Even though I treated everyone like crap, Inko was the only person I never raised my voice to. Mostly because she just had the biggest heart and never yelled at anyone, but also because I knew she didn't have much longer to live and so I didn't want to give her more stress.

"That's horrible." Eiji's voice cracked. He turned around in my lap and straddled me. A tear slipped down past his eye.

I wiped it away with my thumb. "Why are you crying?" I whispered.

"I just can't help to think that he's been through hell. He lost his mother and was left probably alone to grieve. On top of that he's been getting bullied and beat up by others and his quirk seems to just destroy him and-"

"I think he was lying." I blurred out and interrupted his rant.

He froze and looked at me. "What?"

"I think Deku was lying about where he got those marks. I know him too well to know when he's lying." I said, not looking at anything in particular.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly to the side.

"When he lies he doesn't make eye contact. He fidgets, his eye twitches slightly. You can't really see it unless you're paying close attention, but I saw it. He was lying." I explained thoroughly.

"Why would he do that? It doesn't make sense! We can help him!"

"I don't think he wants help. Deku's always been the kind of person to do things on his own. He's probably thinking if he can't handle this, then what kind of hero is he? I wouldn't put it past him, damn hero's complex."

"Well then I think it's our responsibility to find out and really help him. Midoriya's bottling this all up on the inside and he needs people he can open up to. We all do, it's not good to keep everything all bottled up. We all need someone to lean on and that's gonna be us for him!" Eiji shouted standing up. He had a look of pure determination.

The only thought that flowed through my mind is this is why I fell in love with him. His damn heart and the fact he'll never stop at anything to make someone feel better.

Sometimes it scares me how much he reminds me of Deku too, but at the same time doesn't.

Their similar, I'll admit that, but their also very different.

Both of them would throw their all into everything they do, they both would help anyone in a heartbeat. They both have that blinding smile you can't help but smile back. They make friends with everyone and everyone trusts them wholeheartedly with everything.

However, Eijiro's more of the hyper, bouncing off the walls kind of person. He's not afraid to tell you things straight, even if it hurts you in the end. He speaks his mind and will pretty much make sure you like him.

Midoriya's different in that aspect. He'd rather keep to himself, minus the mumbling, he doesn't talk much to others. he always tried to think of ways to tell someone something without hurting them, even when it's something that in no doubt will hurt them. He doesn't mind if people don't like him, because in middle school he got so used to people hating him that for the most part, the opinion of others don't matter. Except for a close few and based off of that crushed look he gave me in the locker rooms yesterday, I'm one of them.

Eiji grabbed my hands tightly, looking me straight in the eyes.

"We're gonna become best friends with Midoriya and we're gonna help him through this." Eijiro declared, a serious expression set on his features.

I smiled lightly at the determination he has to help my childhood friend.

Sometimes I wish I had met Kiri sooner, maybe then he could've stopped me before the bullying against Midoriya got worse.

Anyways, there's no point in trying to stop Eiji now. His mind is set and it's not going to waiver. I don't mind really, I want to find out what happened and I want to be close to him again.
As hard as it is for me to admit it.

I just fear what Deku will think if I too wanted to be his friend again.

Alright, shut the hell up! I said it. I want to be friends with him again and not just because of the panic attack he had earlier.

I do miss him. I miss hanging out with him and seeing that bright smile aimed at me. I miss the long night chats we'd used to have and believe it or not, I miss the late night cuddles we used to do when we were kids before I got my quirk.

I just wanted to protect him, but I ended up hurting him instead.