Chapter 30

Midoriya's POV

I can't remember much, just a lot of searing pain. The drugs they inserted into my system left me barely aware of my surroundings.

I felt frozen, like I was lost in a wintry storm, cold, dark, and alone. 

My body was in pain, aches and sores covered me from head to toe. My head was splitting into two, but somehow, I felt relaxed.

Maybe it's because my hazy memories have shown a glimpse of what happened and I know I am safe, but if I am safe, why is it cold?

Is it just me? Is it a sign my body is shutting down? Have I gone too far?

That can't be it. Kacchan and Kiri wouldn't let that happen. Right?

They were there, after all, weren't they?

I remember seeing them. Kacchan was injured, his arm got cut and Kiri. Did he get blasted into a wall?

Aizawa, Present Mic, and All Might were there too. They also fought.

They were fighting for me.

No ones ever...

"Why isn't he awake yet?!" 

That voice. Is that-

"Katsuki, He just went through something horrible, he needs time." I recognize that one too.

"He's just-I-"

He sounds so broken. I don't think I've ever heard Kacchan sound like that. It is because of me? This is all my fault!

I'm so sorry! I should've told all of you the truth sooner! I should've trusted you to be there for me, but I didn't because I thought I could handle it on my own.

Now look at me, nothing but the darkness and your saddened voices reaching my senses. My body unable to move, eyes refusing to flutter open.

Just let me tell them I'm sorry, please! That's all I ask! You can do whatever you want to me afterwards. Just let me apologize.

The pain in my body intensified and I groaned. My throat was scratchy and my voice sounded off.

"Izuku?" Kiri's voice cracked slightly, I could only imagine the tears coming down his face, and to think, it's all my fault.

I tried to open my eyes once again. Wanting to look at the two people who have tried everything they could to help me in these last coming months. They burned as the light touched them and I closed them quickly, my head pounding.

"Please. Open your eyes." Kacchan stammered.

Slowly, I opened my eyes, ignoring the searing pain. 

I just need to see them.

Kirishima stood right beside me, Kacchan next to him. He smiled brightly at me when he saw me looking, but I noticed the tears in his eyes and his splotchy skin. Kacchan looked similar, minus the dazzling smile Kirishima always wears. He just frowned, but I saw the relief in his eyes.

"You're awake!" Kirishima said, more tears beginning to fall.

"I-" I tried to speak, but I just ended up coughing instead. Kacchan quickly grabbed a cup of water from off of one of the tables and brought it to my lips. He put his hand behind my neck and lifted my head up gently, so I wouldn't choke or spill.

I gulped down the cup quickly, letting the water soothe my aching throat.

"Drink it slowly, don't rush yourself." Kacchan whispered.