Chapter 37

Midoriya's POV

"Ura, can we talk?" I asked my friend who sat on the couch in the common room.

"I already said what I wanted to say, Deku," she replied, not looking over at me from the tv.

Iida, who had heard my voice, once I made it down the elevator with Kacchan and Kiri, set his school books aside and stood up. He walked over to us, but kept silent.

It has been a few days now since our fight and Uraraka hasn't talked or even looked at me once.

I picked at my hands, nerves flooding me. I was hoping that enough time had passed that the two of us could talk, but maybe I was wrong.

I felt someone grip my hand and I looked over at Kacchan. "Let's just go, she obviously doesn't want to talk." He began pulling me towards the kitchen, probably to get breakfast started, but I kept my feet planted.

I didn't want to be a coward anymore. I have to face the things that are bugging me and the argument I had with one of my best friends hasn't left my mind.

"You don't control him, Bakugou. It's stupid to think he hasn't realized that," Uraraka remarked.

"The fuck?!" He shouted.

"Uraraka, that was a little mean. He's not controlling me. He's trying to support me," I clarified, but she just stared blankly at me.

"This is what I'm talking about, Deku. You're basically following them around like a love sick puppy or something," she remarked, not really caring how it sounded.

"Uraraka, I don't think what they have concerns you at all. You don't know the full picture," Iida joined in, defending me.

She glared at him, but did not say anything. Ura turned back to the tv, her arms crossed in irritation.

"Ura, please. I'm sorry if I upset you, but can we at least talk about it?"

"Stop calling me that, and no, we can't talk about it."

I huffed, not knowing where to go from here. I can't force her to talk to me, but at the same time, I can't just give up. I need to understand where this anger is coming from. What really caused it? Is it really just because I'm dating Kacchan and Kiri? I don't think so, I think there is much more to this than I am aware of.

The problem is, I can't fix it if she won't talk to me about it. I'm not a mind reader, I don't know the full picture as to why she is upset with me.

"Hey guys!" Kaminari and Shinso entered through the doors coming in from outside. No one really said anything back at them and I watched the bright smile fall from Kaminari when he noticed the tension in the room. "Uh, is everything good in here?" He asked.

I gave the two of them a light smile. "I-It's fine. Welcome back! Where were you guys?"

Uraraka snorted, but didn't make any other form of acknowledgments. 

Kaminari took notice, but ignored it for the time being. "We went for a run and then out for some lunch."

"Cool. We should all go out to eat some time. I think the five of us would have a ton of fun!" Kiri said, who had been pretty silent up to this point.

"Like a group date?" I questioned, wondering where Kiri was going with that notion.

Kiri looked over at me and winked. Both Kaminari and Shinso saw and looked away from us, a light red dusting their cheeks. Neither of them have had the guts to confess yet, it would seem. 

"It'd be fun!" Kaminari said, making side glances at a still embarrassed Shinso.

"Ugh, do all of you have to do that in here?" Uraraka groaned.