The princess stayed in her room as long as she could, she started packing a trunk of clothes for her journey to Arendelle, then occupied herself with a book and even snuck in a short nap. A knock on her door woke her up and then entered one of her maids who laid out her birthday dinner dress.

    "Sorry to wake you, madam, would you like some assistance getting dressed?" The maid asked as she pulled Emma's dinner shoes out of her wardrobe.

    The princess rubbed her tired eyes, "No, thank you." She said getting up. "Have my parents' friends arrived yet?"

    "Only a few ma'am." Her maid responded, making the princess's messy bed, "Prince Baelfie bought this gift for you, insisted I give it to you tonight." She said handing a box to Emma.

    "Guess he couldn't wait till tomorrow." Emma said under her breath. She opened the decent-sized box and inside it held a huge diamond necklace, something she was not a fan of. "All these years and Neal still doesn't know me." She muttered.

    The maid chuckled, "Oh I don't blame you, it looks absolutely uncomfortable!"

    "Oh, it is." Emma confirmed with a small smile.

    Her maid chuckled at the princess's comment, "He must want you to wear tonight, at your dinner."

    "Well, he'll be in for a surprise when he sees me without it." Emma responded, putting it back in the box.

Soon after the maid left, Emma began to get ready. She stared at her big poofy dress in the mirror. It was light pink, complimenting her skin complexion. Not her favorite color, but she was sure her parents picked this dress because it reminded them of when she was little, always running around the castle in big poofy dresses. The princess smiled at the memory as she did her hair, pulling some pieces of hair out of her face and clipping it up. Not the most elegant hairstyle, Emma was sure to hear her mother complain about it, but she didn't care. This whole dinner seemed overrated, just like the ball.

The Princess stared at her diamond crown that was sitting on her vanity table, debating if she should wear it or not. It would make everyone happy, finally seeing her wear the crown her father made for her before she was even born. But that thing was heavy and always falling off... finally Emma decided not to wear it, but instead put on a simple headband. Then she put on her diamond swan necklace her parents gave her for her birthday last year, probably the only piece of jewelry her parents gave her that she liked. After she stared at her ring Killian gave her. Emma never took it off, she was too scared that if she did it would be lost forever.

    As Emma was admiring her ring, her mother walked through the door, unannounced, "Emma, your guest have been waiting." Snow said in a stern tone.

    Emma released a heavy breath, "Sorry, mother."

    "Put your crown on and let's go." The Queen said, trying to hurry her daughter as she headed for the door.

    Emma didn't move, "I'm not wearing the crown."  She responded almost in a whisper.

    Now the Queen was getting mad, "Emma you are a princess, now put your crown on. It is rude to be late, especially at your own event."

    Before Emma could respond her father interrupted, "Snow! Sneezy is sneezing all over the place!" David said in an irritated tone, referring to one of the dwarfs.

Emma just stood there, already annoyed with the night. This is why she despised any royal event, something always had to be an issue. If she didn't wear the dress her father approved, he would be upset. If Emma didn't wear a heavy piece of jewelry on her head, her mother would be upset. If she didn't arrive on time, the guest would think she's nothing but rude.