20

Flashback

April 6th 2011

"Can you fucking sit down and listen to me woman!?"

"Am I supposed to listen to your bullshit about how your paycheck is late again!? We have four mouths to feed, you shit head!!"

There they go again...

Seonghwa was sitting on the living room couch of his childhood home hugging his older brother tightly with tears in his eyes. Their parents we're fighting again. Plates and mugs we're smashed, scaring the youngest child. "Hwa... Let's go out for a while, okay?" his brother suggests and the younger nods. the two leave the house. "Are you sure it's safe to drive.. The weather is pretty bad..." Hwa mumbles still holding onto his older brother's hand. "Don't worry, sweets.. Hyung will drive carefully.."

The two of them get into the car with Seonghwa in the passenger seat. "Where shall we go?" his brother asks. "Hmm... Surprise me..?" the Hwa smiles. The older smiles and nods. He starts up the car and drives out of the driveway.

Seonghwa leans his head onto the window. "Will mom and dad ever stop fighting..?" he asks quietly. The adults have been fighting for years now and the fighting has been too much for Seonghwa. Because of their arguing the adults had completely forgotten about their child's 14th birthday. "I... I honestly don't know Hwa.." the older sighs "But you shouldn't have to worry about that... Hyung is here to protect you, mmkay?" The words bring a smile onto young Seonghwa's lips as he nods.

The brothers talk during the ride and laugh together forgetting all about the problems at home. Until a strike of lighting flashes through the sky making the younger flinch. His older brother just laughs, not realizing he had just ran a red light.

The happy moment ends as a crash rings through the air and Seonghwa passes out to the sound of ambulance sirens, calling out to his brother weakly before everything goes dark.