19

Seonghwa

I'm standing on the platform waiting for Yeosang's train to arrive. He just texted me that it would be here in five minutes.

Soon the train arrives and a few people start to come out and I look for the younger. I soon see the shorter blondie come out of the train and look around while squeezing his phone. "Yeosang!" I call for him and start walking towards him. He turns to me and smiles gently, but I can see that he has been crying. I walk over to him. "Hi. Did the ride go well?" I ask. Yeosang nods and smiles gently. "You don't have to smile if you don't feel like it." I state softly and wipe his tried tears carefully.

"Let's go eat... What would you like?" I ask. The shorter thinks for a second. "Let's just get ramyeon... Please." He says. "Of course." I nod and pat his shoulder. "Let's go."

We walk to a small ramyeon restaurant. I open and hold the door for Yeosang who thanks me with a gentle smile. We walk to an empty table and sit down. "Order anything you want. I'll pay." I tell him. Yeosang nods.

After we ordered we sat in silence for multiple minutes. Yeosang's phone is on the table. I've seen multiple people call him, but he has just turned it on silent mode and not answering the calls. "Is your family not accepting..?" I ask quietly. I shrug. "Some of them are... Most not so much." He whispers. He turns the electrical device face down. "I got thrown out at seventeen when they found out.." He tells me. I nod. "I'm so sorry... Parents should be accepting.." I say. Yeosang sighs, shrugging his shoulders.

"Is there anyone who is accepting?" I ask the shorter one who is looking at the wooden table. "My aunt is the only one I know of.. She was there for me in my teens when I was having a really hard time. She and her Husband feel more like parents to me, but I didn't talk to them at all after being disowned..." Yeosang tells me quietly.

"E-Enough about my family... I don't want to think about this today.." He says. I nod. "Of course. Now. Since you told something about your family I'll tell you about mine.. Just to be fair, okay?" I say. Yeosang raises his brown eyes to look at me. "Y-You don't have to, if you're not comfortable doing that yet." He says. I shake my head. "I'll just tell you something simple." I smile at him.

"I have an older brother too.." I start and take a deep breath. "We got into a car crash a few days after my fourteenth birthday.. He has been in a coma for a bit over nine years..." I tell him. "We went out because mom and dad were fighting again. He knew I didn't want to hear it so we were going to go out.." Yeosang is listening closely, only paying attention to me. I smile at him. "The weather was bad and while he was distracted he ran a red light. Another car crashed into the drivers side so he took the biggest blow..." I then close my mouth. Yeosang is looking at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry." He says.

"You blame yourself.. Don't you..?" He asks next and I answer with a small, almost unnoticeable nod. "Hyung... Don't. It could've been much worse. Even if it feels like it's your fault, it's not. The world just decided to fuck you two over." Yeosang says. He pushes his hair behind his ear. "I'm sure your brother would be happy seeing you live your life..." I smile at the younger.

"Thank you, Yeosang."