🧸forty four🧸

"Earth to Jaemin!" Chenle shouted, waving his hands in front of Jaemin. The boy remained unfazed even at the dolphin scream.

"There's no use talking to him. He's thinking about Haneul." Jeno sighed, shaking his head.

Donghyuck and Renjun exchanged a couple of whispers before quietly making their way behind Jaemin. Jisung tried to stop them but it was too late. Both grabbed one of Jaemin's ear at the count of three, pulling it down and popping it.

Jaemin covered his ears in pain and glared at them. "What the fuck? You wanna die you punks?"

"We thought you couldn't hear us so we wanted to see if your ears weren't working." Donghyuck shrugged.

"Fucking hell a little tap on the shoulder would help." Jaemin grumbled, rubbing his ears. "Did I not raise you right?"

"Chenle even screamed in your face but you didn't even blink. Something on your mind?" 

"I bet you guys he and Haneul fought." Yukhei joked. He took a water bottle from the table and opened it.

"She sent me this text." Jaemin mumbled, showing the notification on his phone.

Princess👑💙

Na Jaemin
I can't keep it to myself anymore
We need to talk
I'm on my way there
Seen.

Yukhei choked on his water while the others bombarded him with questions and teasing.

"What the hell did you do?" Mark questioned.

"Have you ever heard of being single?" Donghyuck teased.

Jeno shook his head with a sigh. "Na Jaemin that is some deep shit you got yourself into."

"I've only seen this in movies." Jisung gasped.

"I don't see why you have to feel nervous. She just wants to talk." Chenle mumbled.

"That's the whole point, Chenle. Look at the tone of her text." Renjun huffed.

"What do I do? What could she want to talk about?" Jaemin groaned, a hand running through his now pink hair.

"Have you done something wrong or insensitive?" Yukhei asked.

"No."

"What if she found out about something you've been doing? Have you lied to her?" Jisung suggested. Mark shot Jaemin a cold glare at the mention of lying.

"Not that I know of? I can't hide things from her." Jaemin said. "One look from her and I spill even my deepest darkest secrets."

"What if Noona wants to break up with you?"

Renjun's suggestion had Jaemin's soul leave his body. He sunk down deeper into the chair until he completely slid off and melted onto the floor.

"I suddenly don't want to breathe anymore."

"GET HIM SOME WATER! JENO FAN HIM!" Yukhei panicked, trying to bring Jaemin out if his despair. "HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?"

"I mean, it's a possibility right? It's best to expect the worst right?" Renjun shrugged.

"No he has a point. What if she really does want to break up." Jaemin sulked. "It would be my fault for not having enough time for her."

"Or we can be overthinking this and just really wants to talk?" Chenle said.

"I think I have to agree with Chenle on this one. My sister has patience longer than a minute in plank time. Something inevitable like that wouldn't bother her." Mark added.

The tension in the room grew as the animal crossing theme song began to play. They all knew this was his personal ringtone for Haneul.

"What are you standing there for? Answer it!" Donghyuck shouted.

"Someone hold my hand." Jaemin mumbled, holding onto Jisung's hand before he could escape. "Hello?"

"Jaemin? I'll wait for you at the cafe downstairs."

With that, she ended the call.

"Okay, just calm down and meet hp with her. Stay calm." Mark comforted.

Jaemin nodded, making his way down to the cafe. He pretended not to see his friends who tried to 'secretly' follow him. The moment the elevator reached the designated floor, his heart started to beat faster.

I don't think I can do this—

"Nana!" Haneul called from one of the tables. She had a big smile on her face as she waved at him. "I already bought something."

"Hey." Jaemin greeted, taking a seat across her.

"Eat lots. Jisung told me you didn't eat as much. Didn't I tell you not to skip meals?" Haneul scolded. She held a spoonful of cake towards him which he ate.

"Ah that snitch." Jaemin grumbled as he chewed. "Did you run into trouble on your way here? Did anyone give you a hard time?"

"No, but I was able to order the food by myself this time." Haneul grinned. She noticed Dream hiding behind a plant but didn't pay attention to it.

They always spied on them and his like they were still small kids.

"Um, about your texts... What did you need to talk about?" Jaemin nervously asked. His leg bounced impatiently as he played with the strings of his hoodie. 

"Oh yeah about that." Haneul started, face suddenly becoming serious. "I didn't tell you because I wanted to surprise you, but I really can't keep a secret between us.

"Oh my gosh is she pre-"

"Continue that sentence Donghyuck and I will murder you in your sleep." Mark warned.

"I got accepted into the figure skating team in my college. I'll be competing in the contest next year March. I planned to tell you when the competition was near, but here we are." Haneul said

"Really?" Jaemin blinked. 

"Yes."

"You're going to be competing again for real?"

"Yes."

"You can really handle it now?"

"Yes I can thanks to you, Nana."

Jaemin got up from his seat and pulled her into a tight hug, twirling her around. He was being his loud self, cheering and making some unidentified noises. 

"I'm so proud of you!" He squealed. "Ugh, I can't wait to see you perform."

"Can't... Breathe..." Haneul managed to say. Jaemin apologized and put her down. He fixed her hair, putting it into a neat ponytail. "Thank you."

"What made you decide to make a comeback?" He asked.  

"I don't know. It feels like all your efforts would go to waste if I don't do it once." Haneul mumbled. "I also want to have one last stage before I really retire in competitive figure skating."

"I need to put this in my reminders so I know when to get my neon sign made. When's the exact date?"

"March 1, 2020."

"Oh."

A/N

Dream Show in Philippines was on Feb 29 

oh no 

But figure skater Haneul eyyyyy

I remember trying ice skating once at a mall with my  sisters. It was so hard and I kept falling on my butt.

Countdown: 3