🧸seventeen🧸

Jaemin woke up to a slap on his face, making him jolt up. A sudden wave of dizziness hit him as he feebly fell back into the mattress.

"Hyung."

The tiny voice belonged to Jisung. Jaemin looked over at him and saw Chenle who was also awake.

"Yes?" Jaemin croaked, throat dry from sleep. He glanced at the digital clock on the wall and saw it was nearly three in the morning. "Why are you boys awake?"

"We're hungry." Chenle whispered. He was afraid he might wake his sleeping brothers and Haneul if he was too loud. "And I'll eat what Ji eats."

"I want a baguette. I'll only eat a baguette." Jisung firmly stated. "Hyung baguette."

"We don't have a baguette." Jaemin mumbled, slowly falling back asleep. "Why a baguette in the first place?"

"But Ji wants a baguette." Chenle reasoned, followed by a hum from Jisung. "What if Jisung's tummy eats him alive?"

"He'll live." Jaemin answered. Just as he was about to reunite with his precious sleep, a soft grumble made him feel guilty.

"If you keep growling you'll wake Noona." Chenle quietly scolded Jisung's stomach.

The younger boy had both his hands on his tummy with a frown. "I don't want to wake Noona."

Jaemin groaned internally, forcing himself to get up. He looked at Haneul who slept peacefully on the bed with Renjun and Jeno at either side. Donghyuck and Mark were at the top bunk.

"Go get your coats and put your shoes on." He instructed as he got up. "Go to the kitchen when you're done."

"Yes sir." The two saluted. The two best friends squealed as they toddled over to their drawers.

Jaemin sat on the edge of the bed, looking over Haneul's peaceful face. He was relieved she was sleeping without any trouble this night. He fixed the blanket covering them.

"Please stay peaceful like that." He whispered. "I'll be back soon."

He trudged into the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water and rehydrated himself. He pulled his phone out and dialed a number he knew would answer.

"Hello?"

"Jaehyun? I was wondering where I could buy a baguette at this time." Jaemin asked before washing his face. He grabbed a towel and patted his face dry.

"From Mark's house? There's a diner a couple blocks down. Go further away from there and there'll be a 24 hour convenience store. You can't miss it." Jaehyun answered. "But why a baguette? Is Haneul craving or something?"

"No, the kids woke me up and said they wanted a baguette." Jaemin sighed. "They used their cuteness to get their way."

"Dad duties." Jaehyun joked, earning a huff from the younger. "Man you're living the life. I've always wanted to be a teen dad."

"Okay thank you bye." Jaemin ended the call and sighed.

"We're ready!" Jisung chirped, running up to Jaemin with Chenle by his side.

Jaemin carried them both and put them in the carseat at the back. He made sure that they were secured before getting in to drive.

"I've never been outside this late." Chenle said, eyes sparkling at the glowing signs. "It looks so pretty."

"There's no stars though." Jisung frowned. He loved seeing the stars work hard with the moon to make the night brighter. "Do you think they went to sleep too?"

"But stars only sleep during the day right? That's why we don't see them." Chenle argued. "What do you think Hyung?"

"Maybe they were really tired and decided to sleep early?" Jaemin suggested. "It happens a lot when you work too hard and there's no problem with resting when you're tired."

Chenle, upon hearing this, began to tear up. He let go of Jisung's hand and pressed his hands against the window. "You did great! Keep shining!"

"Rest well!" Jisung added. "Do you think they heard us?"

"Of course they did. Look, there's a star over there now." Jaemin assured with a smile.

"There really is a star!"

He wished Haneul were here to see their cute moment. She always loved seeing cute moments like this.

They arrived at the convenience store and Jaemin quickly unloaded them from the car. They walked in and the two boys ran around, looking for stuff.

Jaemin made a beeline for the bread aisle. He walked through the aisle until he found the bread they wanted. He suddenly remembered Jaehyun's question and went to the toiletries aisle to get a pack of pads.

"Chenle, Jisung. I have the bread let's go." Jaemin called. He raised a brow when the two kids didn't respond. He knew what they wanted to do. "Where is ChenJi?"

He heard the muffled giggles coming from the corner of the store. He looked at the corner and saw two hiding under a table with their hands covering their eyes. He carefully walked there, pretending to wonder.

"Where are ChenJi? I can't see them." Jaemin played along. He looked behind a shelf. "Are they over here?"

"No we're not."

"Really? How about here?"

Jaemin crouched down abruptly and grinned at them. The two boys squealed as they uncovered their eyes. He pulled them out and carried both of them, Jisung on his shoulders and Chenle on his side.

"Baguette!"

"Let's go home and I'll make you some garlic bread with this." Jaemin said, walking over to the cashier. He had Jisung give the baguette. "I bet you don't get much customers at this time of night."

"You're definitely the first." The cashier chuckled. She adjusted her cap, strands of crimson red hair peeking out. "Will this be all?"

Jaemin added a couple of bags of gummy bears and assorted mochi. He checked the price and paid for it. "Keep the change. Stay safe."

"I placed a freebie here. Pests are getting out of control these days." The cashier smiled and handed the paper bag to them.

Jaemin bowed before walking out. The kids who usually copied him didn't as their eyes were glued onto the cashier. She smiled sweetly at them, removing her hat.

"Take care. Send my dearest regards to Haneul, my baby chicks."

A/N

Filler-ish?

Man if I told my sister that I wanted a baguette at 3AM she'd swear at me and kill me for waking her up 😔

Btw i made a dragon fruit crepe cake the other day and thought it was pretty so i wanna share it with you guys