🧸thirty nine🧸

"It seems you finally came to your senses, Hannah. I see your boyfriend isn't around."

Haneul kept her distance from Damien and Alicia who seemed smug to see her arrive alone. She had her hands in her pocket to prevent them from shaking. She couldn't show her fear.

Everything in her told her to run, but she stood her ground. If she ran away now, nothing will change. 

Haneul nodded. "I did. I came to my senses and realized how much of an insecure asshole the both of you are."  

"It looks like we need to train you-"

"Train? If anyone needs to be taught manners it should be the two of you. Even dogs have better manners than people like you." She cut off, voice getting louder and louder as she did. 

"You're getting cocky you rude little bitch." Alicia huffed as she crossed her arms. Her perfectly manicured nails tapped on her forearm impatiently.

"I have every right to be rude to the both of you after what you did to me. Hell, the two of you should pay for what you did with all my money and pride." Haneul answered. Her voice was trembling and ready to crack but she didn't care.

The more she talked back to them the lighter she felt.

"We didn't come here to be insulted or disrespected by a small fry like you." Damien growled. 

"Really? So did I. I came here to give you both a piece of my mind so that I can finally move on." She chuckled. "Don't forget that I'm not the only thing that's small."

"Bitch-" Damien was about to hit her, but was taken aback when she didn't flinch. She had to bite her tongue to keep herself from even reacting. "Who says we need you opinion?"

"I don't need your permission for anything. I'm going to do what I want to do." Haneul answered. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. 

 "If I were you I'd sucker punch his sorry ass back to Canada."

I'm sorry Ten, but I think this is all I could do.

"I appreciate the happy times back when we were friends, but know I'll never forgive the both of you for what you did to me. I will accept your apology over my dead body. 

I need to make it clear that I am not your pet, I am not your plaything, and I am not a fucking pushover. I am my own person and I have a name and feelings. I will not let you to control me ever again.

The moment she finished her speech she charged forward, left hand holding her right wrist. She reeled back as she landed a hard punch on Damien's nose. A crunch from the impact sent chills down her spine.

"My brother's success will continue and your stupidity and selfishness won't cause his failure! He lives his life in success and so will I!" Haneul screamed as the tears finally flowed. She was breathing in heavily as the adrenaline rushed through her veins. 

"Damien!" Alicia called as she leaned down to examine the injury. 

His nose was bleeding and definitely broken. 

"You need to come back to Canada so I can show you who the real boss is." Alicia glowered. She was quick to pounce on Haneul. She tried to grab her hair but failed to as it was no longer the length it was before.

Haneul gripped Alicia's wrist and twisted it away from her. "The only people here who need to go back to Canada are you two and I would like you to leave quietly without causing a scene. You will regret it."

She pushed her away and was satisfied to see her fall straight into the mud. The satisfactory moment was short lived as a hand collided with her cheek, the ring on his hand scratching her face.

"Maybe I should just beat you to death instead of trying to take you back." He seethed, punching her face and kneeing her in the stomach. Haneul's vision suddenly spun as she coughed up blood.

Hands wrap around her neck, fingers pressing down on her windpipe. She clawed desperately at his hands whilst trying to gasp for air. Her lungs were screamin She thrashed around and tried to kick him but failed to do so.

Jaemin. His smile, his laugh, his silliness, his selflessness, everything about him. He was the only thing she could think of as she felt her consciousness fading. 

I'm sorry.

"Na...na..."

She felt the pressure around her neck disappear, allowing her  to finally breathe. She coughed as she filled her aching lungs with air.

"Haven't I made myself clear? I told you to never show your face to us again."

Jaemin stood between her and Damien, his knuckles turning white from how tight he balled his fists. 

He had seen him hit her from afar and didn't plan on letting him off easy.  

"Saved by your boyfriend again you little bi-"

Jaemin kicked Damien to the ground and sat on his stomach. He grabbed him by the collar and punched him as hard as he could. "You have no right to call her anything foul, let alone breathe in her direction. I'll make sure you understand that when I'm done with you."

He threw punch after punch, shrugging off Alicia who tried to stop him. He might kill Damien at this point.

Haneul, who watched in horror more than satisfaction, didn't want this. 

She didn't want Jaemin to dirty his hands for her.

"Nana. That's enough. I'm okay. Stop please." She wrapped her arms around the angry boy, nuzzling her face into his back. "Please that's enough."

But Jaemin didn't hear her. All he could see was red. All he wanted to do was kill him.

"Na Jaemin that's enough!" Haneul cried. "You're going to kill him!" 

"He deserves it!" Jaemin shouted. She used both her strength and her whole body weight to push Jaemin off and pin him to the ground. "Let go-"

His statement was cut off when Haneul successfully forced her lips over his.  

A/N 

As Moon Sangtae said...

"A kiss is better than a fight." 

I'm excited for the next chapters but I do have to say something important

we're gonna be in the final arc soon