🧸twenty six🧸

"Yeah mama. I'm fine here in Korea. Yes I've been taking my medicine and going to the therapist on schedule." Haneul assured. She was finishing up her work when her mother had called.

"Have you been going out of the house?" Her mother asked. "You've been eating well right?"

"I've been leaving the house a lot I guess. I eat at least three times a day." She answered.

"Have you decided what course you'll take and what uni you'll go to? You're in your last year of high school."

The door to the bedroom opened and a groggy Jaemin trudged out. He looked around for the shirt he discarded before sleeping but gave up.

"Princess? Why are you still awake at this hour?" He asked, voice deep from waking up. He yawned as he approached her. "Who are you talking to?"

"Hannah Haneul Lee was that a man's voice?"

"That was from the drama playing on the TV. Mama I need to go sleep it's 2AM here bye I love you." Haneul stammered, hanging up right away. "I almost died by a machine gun."

"You should sleep now instead of playing games." Jaemin scolded leaning down to hug her from behind. He nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. "I woke up and you weren't in the bed with the kids. I was so worried."

"I'm working in a commission that's due tomorrow. I forgot to tell you about it." Haneul explained. She patted his head and went back to drawing. "And that was my mom. She was checking in on me."

"Really? She finally unblocked you?" Jaemin chuckled. He looked at the screen and was amazed at the detailed drawing she had in the making. "It looks amazing."

"It's not perfect yet." Haneul muttered. She wanted it to be perfect which is why she takes so long. "Go put a shirt on and sleep. I think I'll be here until the morning."

Jaemin shook his head and sat beside her. "I'll keep you company until the end of time."

"You're so corny."

"Just for you." He grinned putting his head down. He closed his eyes and relaxed. "So, why did your mom ask about college?"

"You understood that?" Haneul gasped.

"Of course. I should know basic English as an idol." Jaemin answered lazily. "That and I wanted to be able to confront Damien to protect you."

Haneul's brows furrowed as the volume of his voice lowered to a whisper. "Come again? I didn't hear the last one."

"I said it was for the fans. I wanted to connect with them more." Jaemin 'repeated'.

"Oh um. She asked me if I finally decided what I want to be. I don't have the heart to tell her that I haven't chosen what course to take." Haneul sighed. "I thought of just not going to college and continue doing commissions."

"You're worried she thinks you won't do well?" Jaemin asked. The girl nodded, feeling guilty of her thought. "Well, I think if your mom supported Mark's choice of being an idol I think she can accept your decision."

"I've thought of that, but it scares me what if one day I don't get commissions anymore?" Haneul reasoned. It wasn't like she hadn't thought of it before. "I feel like there's something more I can do with my life but I don't know what it is."

"It's okay not to know what you want to do now. When the moment is right, you'll find out what you want to be." Jaemin advised. "For now, don't fear growing up to be nothing. Fear growing up with more regrets than your heart can carry."

"I envy you so much." She grumbled, aggressively clicking at her mouse.

The boy blinked, confused at the sudden statement. "Huh? Why?"

"You always have a calm and positive approach to a lot of things. I can only think of the negative first." Haneul pointed out.

"Well, it's nothing like that. I overthink a lot too and I've thought of things like this too." Jaemin explained. He looked at the time and sighed. "You should continue that. It's super late and we have to meet with Yukhei tomorrow."

"Oh fuck."

🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸

"Please wake up. Hannah please."

Warm drops of water fell onto her cold cheeks, bringing her out of the darkness that hugged her. A monotone beep sounded on repeat, waking her up further.

She forced her eyes open and was blinded by a bright white light shining above her. She let out a whine, trying to cover her eyes.

She tried to speak but something in her mouth prevented her from doing so. A blurry figure soon became clearer, revealing her brother who looked like a mess.

"Hannie? Oh my God. Mom!"

Mark's voice was laced with great relief and pain. His eyes were bloodshot red as tears fell nonstop from his swollen eyes.

"Mom call the doctor!"

"Min...?" She croaked out. Her throat felt like it had spikes from how sore it was. Her heavily dressed wrists throbbed as she tried to move them.

"That's right, it's me Minnie." Mark hiccuped, examining his little sister. He hugged her as if she was going to break. "Your brother is so sorry for not being able to protect you. Because of me you went through so much."

"I was so scared." She sobbed into his shoulder. "I'm sorry Minnie. I'm so sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for. Don't apologize." He whispered, kissing her forehead. "I'll take care of everything. Promise me you won't ever do that again."

Yet all the girl could do was apologize as they cried into each other's arms.

Haneul woke up from the dream, a stray tear falling from the corner of her eye. She was in the master's bedroom, probably being carried in by Jaemin. She had fallen asleep at the table after finishing her work.

It had been a while since she last dreamed of that day. Mark had dropped all his schedules and flew back to Canada. He had stayed by her side when she was in a coma until he brought her back to Korea.

Loud cries from outside alarmed her. She stumbled to get out of the room and found a crying Mark in Jaemin's arms.

"I didn't want to wake you but he's been crying asking where you were." Jaemin said, bring Mark closer to Haneul. "He was so scared when he woke up and you weren't beside him."

Mark instantly clung onto her, crying growing louder.

"I'm sorry if I didn't sleep beside you today. I had to finish up my work." Haneul apologized.

"I thought you were because I couldn't protect you like what happened in my dream." Mark sniffled. "You were in the hospital because of your wrists and it was my fault!"

"Is he talking about...?" Jaemin trailed off and Haneul nodded. It was such a coincidence for them to have the same dream.

And it made her wonder how he remembered that.

"I'm here and that's what matters." Haneul cooed, trying to soothe her brother. "I'm sorry, Minnie."

She wasn't the only one who was scarred after all.

A/N

This chapter made me really sad but I wanted to show you guys some background to the siblings