Chapter 45 | A Month

"Well, I guess this is goodbye, I'm gonna miss you so much Kat." I just nodded and kept on crying.

**8 hours earlier**

I woke up and my phone was blowing up with texts and calls from Hayes. I lifted up my phone and the most recent one said, "why are you ignoring me Kat?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and unlocked my phone. I read through all the texts.

8:30 am | Hayes😊❤️: Kat, I have news text me asap

9:02 am | Hayes😊❤️: we need to meet, text me when you wake up

9:34 am | Hayes😊❤️: kat please. if you're sleeping WAKE UP

10:00 am | Hayes😊❤️: kat are you ignoring me?

10:07 am | Hayes😊❤️: why are you ignoring me?

I also had 10 missed calls from him. What the heck? I unplugged my phone and clicked on his contact and called him.

Kat: Hayes what's wrong?
Hayes: oh my gosh, it's about time you answer me
Kat: I'm sorry, I was sleeping
Hayes: Can we meet at the park.. like now?
Kat: yeah sure I'll meet you there
Hayes: okay bye
Kat: bye

I hung up and hopped out of bed. I put on some black leggings and a magcon sweatshirt. I threw my hair up in a messy bun, slid on my converse and walked to the park.

When I got to the park, Hayes was swinging on the swings. I jogged over and sat on the swing beside him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Kat, I have some bad news."

"What is it?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Well, magcon has been booked with tours each week for the next month. I'm not going to be back until Christmas Eve night."

"Can I come?" I asked.

Hayes looked down and shook his head. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"They don't like me do they?" I asked.

"Who?"

"The boys, they don't like me."

"Oh my gosh Kat, no way. They love you. It's your mom. I texted her last night about the tour because that's when I found out, and I asked if you could come, but she said you just missed a week of school and she doesn't want you missing a month now. And she said she'd miss you too much, and so would Bre."

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Hayes, a month is a long time."

Hayes nodded.

"I know, I'm gonna miss you so much, but we can FaceTime everyday and I'll text you all the time."

I nodded but I wasn't so sure.

"When do you leave?" I asked.

Hayes looked down.

"Hayes..?"

"Tonight. I leave tonight at 8. The first event is tomorrow."

I stood up.

"Come on," I said holding out my hand.

"Where are we go-"

"Just come on," I said dragging Hayes.

I walked him up to his porch.

"You go in, and get out of your pajamas and get ready. I'm gonna go take a shower and get ready, and we're gonna spend the whole day together. Just us."