Chapter 2 | Surprise

I woke up to the sound of people laughing downstairs. I looked over at my clock and it was 10, I rolled my eyes. This was too early for me, but since everyone else was up, I went downstairs.

I was looking down because I was so tired that I couldn't walk straight. "Good morning sunshine," I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up and screamed. IT WAS HAYES!

"I saved you a seat, Miss Katherine." I blushed and sat down next to him. I filled my plate up with pancakes and bacon.

"WHEN DID YOU GET HERE?" I asked a little bit too excited. He laughed. "Yesterday, I was at my house when you facetimed me, but I was gonna surprise you this morning."

I squealed. "Let's go to my house," he said. "Can I shower first and then head over there?" I asked. He nodded and left. I looked at my mom and Bre, and I couldn't stop smiling. I ran upstairs as fast as I could and hurried up and hopped in the shower.

I got out, straightened my hair, put on a little makeup, and ran over to my closet. I grabbed a pink crop top that said CHILL OUT in black letters, and black shorts. I put on my black converse and ran out the door.

"Forgetting someone?" Bre yelled, chasing me down the street. We both knocked on the door, and a tall kid with brown hair let us in.

"I'm Cameron," he said smiling. "Oh, I'm Kat, and this is Bre. Where's Hayes?" I asked. Cameron moved over and pointed to the living room.

I walked over there, and Bre talked to Cameron. Hayes was sitting on the couch with a girl, and he had his arm around her. She had brown hair, and fit perfectly under Hayes arm.

I backed out of the room, hoping Hayes didn't see me and went upstairs to find Nash. He was sitting on his bed, editing a YouTube video.

I knocked on the door and walked in. "KAT!" Nash yelled and jumped up. He ran over to me and hugged me, he picked me up and started spinning me around.

I was laughing so hard, my stomach hurt. Nash was always like an older brother to me.

"How are you? I missed you sooo much," I said sitting hanging upside down from his bed. "I missed you too! And I'm awesome, it was amazing meeting so many fans, but like it was hard being away from home for so long yanno?" I nodded.

"So, who is Hayes with down there?" I asked. "Oh, that's his girlfriend, Haylee," Nash said, going back to editing his video. I sat up. "Girlfriend? How long have they been dating?" I asked. "Awhile, almost since the start of the tour. They met at one of the events, and Hayes swears he's in love with her," he said laughing a little.

I stood up. "I'm gonna go downstairs and see skylynn," I said walking out the door. "Let's catch up later!" Nash yelled. "Deal!" I yelled back.

I went downstairs, and Skylynn was in the kitchen with Breanne. "KITTY KAT!" she yelled. That's what she called me. "SKYLYNN OH MY GOSH, LOOK HOW BIG YOU ARE!" She jumped up on my back and I started running around, making airplane noises, as Skylynn was cracking up.

Hayes walked in, hand in hand with Haylee. She was gorgeous. She had brown hair, and hazel eyes. She was perfectly tanned and the perfect height for Hayes.

I suddenly got a sharp pain in my stomach. "Kat, this is my girlfriend, Haylee," Hayes said, putting his arm around her. "Hi!" She said excitedly. I smiled a fake smile.

"I'm Kat," I said. "Why don't we go outside and play some lax?" Nash said, running down the stairs. I nodded. We all went outside.

I was put on a team with Hayes, Haylee, and a girl named Tyler. Apparently Tyler and Cameron are dating, which is understandable because Tyler is absolutely stunning, with short blond hair and crystal blue eyes.

We played against Bre, Cameron, Nash and Kayla. Nash and Kayla are dating. Kayla was gorgeous. She had long blonde hair.

I started getting sick to my stomach. Nash and Kayla were being all cute and taking selfies, and Hayes and Haylee were cuddling in the hammock. I guess I was just jealous. I always pictured the day Hayes would come home from tour, like me and him were gonna hang out till we couldn't stay awake, but now it seems like all he wants to do is hang with Haylee, who he's seen all summer long.

I started tearing up and I ran over to Bre. "Bre, I wanna go home," I said, fighting back the tears. Bre's eyes got wide. "Oh. Are you okay Kat?" She asked. I shook my head and started crying.

Hayes didn't even notice, but Kayla and Nash walked over to me. "You good Kat?" Nash asked. I shook my head again. He opened up his arms and I hugged him. "Come inside with me," Kayla said putting her hand out.

I walked inside with Kayla, into the guest room where she was staying. "I know you don't know me, but what's the matter?" I started bawling and told her I just didn't feel well, and was having cramps.

She nodded and walked me home. "Can I put my number in your phone?" She asked. I nodded and handed her my phone. We swapped numbers and I went inside.

*3 HOURS LATER*

I was laying on my bed, scrolling through Instagram and I heard a loud knock on the door. I ran downstairs and opened the door. Hayes was standing there, with Haylee on his back. "Wanna come eat dinner at my house?" He asked.

I shook my head and shut the door really fast. I ran upstairs, and called Megan. I told her everything, and the real reason I was crying.

"I'll be there in 10," she said and hung up. I buried my face in my pillows and started crying some more. Hayes, my best friend in the whole world since I was a baby, doesn't even want to talk to me. He didn't even miss me. If he missed me, he would've been here, hanging out with me, not with Haylee.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Finally, Megan was here.