Chapter 53 | The Date with Sammy

I woke up the next morning and hopped in the shower. I curled my hair and put on a navy blue dress with white anchors on it. I put on white flip flops and went to my bus stop.

***

Sammy wasn't at school today. We're supposed to have our date tonight, but now I don't know what to do.

Kat😻: hey.. are we still going out tonight?

Sammy😊: yes ma'am. I'll be over in 30

I smiled and fixed my makeup and hair. Exactly 30 minutes later I heard things hitting my window. I looked out and saw Sammy throwing small rocks at it. I smiled and closed my curtains and ran downstairs.

Sammy walked in front of me and embraced me in a hug. I hugged back and smiled.

"These are for you my lady," he said, handing me a bouquet of roses. I smiled and blushed.

"Thank you kind sir. I'm gonna go put these in a vase alright?" I asked. Sammy nodded and I walked back inside. I put them in a vase and walked back out. I linked arms with Sammy and we started walking down the sidewalk.

I looked over towards Hayes house and saw him standing in his yard, holding a lax stick (idk what they're called😂), staring at me. I looked at him for a second but then turned towards Sammy.

***

"Wait, so you were hit by car?" Sammy asked.

"Yep. I was out cold."

"Wow."

I nodded and took another bite of my ice cream.

We started telling each other about crazy things that have happened to us. But the craziest things that have happened to me always had something to do with hayes. For example, when I was hit by a car, or when I cut myself so deep I was unconscious. Hayes was involved in all of it.

I told Sammy about my dad, and how he died.

"How did you get over that?"

"I'm not over it, Sam."

"No I mean how do you not still cry day after day."

"Oh, well I know he's in a better place." I smiled, although I was lying. Hayes helped me deal with it.

I told him about how I was about to cut myself, but Hayes ran in, causing me to jump, making the blade gash my wrist.

Sammy reached across the table and grabbed my hand. I could tell he felt really bad for me. I just smiled a little smile and squeezed his hand back.

***

"Kat, I need to ask you something," Sammy said, walking me up to my porch.

"Ask away."

"Would you..."

Sammy paused.

"What? Spit it out dude."

"This might seem a bit forward.. but do you wanna be my girlfriend?"

Omg. Omg. Omg.

I smiled.

"I would love to Sammy!" I embraced him in a hug. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"Wanna hang tomorrow since it's finally Friday?" I asked.

"Ugh, I can't. I have to go to some volleyball congratulatory celebration thingy mabob for my sister because she's a star player or something like that."

I laughed.

"Well, as exciting as that sounds.."

Sammy giggled.

"I'll text you," I said smiling. Sammy smiled back, leaned in and kissed me.

"Bye princess," he called, walking away.

Princess? That's what Hayes called me. Wow. That felt like a stab in the gut.