Chapter 9 | She's Gonna be Okay

Jenny walked in. "Honey, it's time for you to go home. You can come see her tomorrow." I sighed. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay here with her until she woke up all the way.

"I know you want to stay, I do too, but visiting hours are over. I even have to leave, and she's my daughter." I nodded and got up. Jenny patted me on the back and we walked out to the lobby.

Tyler was sitting in a chair, in the corner, looking out the window, bawling her eyes out. "Is she okay?" I asked. "Not really. She doesn't deal with death real well. Her best friend died of cancer last winter. She takes this stuff really hard now," Cameron said.

I walked over to her and sat down on the ground in front of her. "Kat doesn't deserve this. She's such a sweet girl, and I know I've only known her for like a week, but I feel so close to her. Why do people so young have to die? It doesn't make any sense. They still have a whole life ahead of them to live and enjoy," Tyler cried.

"Kat's not going to die. She grabbed my hand earlier," I said. Tyler's eyes went wide. "But, comas are unpredictable, and you never know what could happen," I added. Tyler nodded. "Kids, let's go!" Elizabeth yelled. We walked over to them. I hugged Bre and Jenny and we left.

**Bre's pov**

"I was looking in the room when Hayes was talking to Kat, and I saw her grab his hand," I said, tearing up a little. My mom started bawling. "She's gonna be okay," I said hugging my mom. We left and went home. I went to bed that night, and all I could think about was Kat and visiting her tomorrow. I missed her so much. I wish I could just hug her.

SORRY IT'S SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER! I'LL TRY TO WRITE MORE TONIGHT!