Chapter 32 | Mason

I sighed and called my best guy friend, besides Hayes. He answered after about 5 rings.

"Katherine Brooks!" He yelled into the phone. I giggled. "Hey Mason," I said sighing. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Hayes..we kinda broke up because I don't trust him, and he's having frozen yogurt with his ex girlfriend, who cheated on him." I started tearing up. "Wanna come over and talk?" Mason asked. "Yeah, I'll be there in 10!" I said, hanging up.

I took my hair out of the French braid I had it in earlier, and it was wavy and looked super cute. I still had on my white tanktop that said CALI on and my black shorts. I slid on my all black vans and walked into Bre's room. "Hey Bre, can you drive me to Mason's?" She nodded and we walked out to her car.

"So how are you and Hayes?" She asked. I looked out the window and sighed. "We sorta..b-broke up today." "Oh Kat, I'm so sorry. What happened?" "I just don't trust him with Haylee, and he said if I can't trust him, we don't need to be d-dating." A tear rolled down my cheek.

We pulled into Mason's driveway and Bre hugged me. "Text or call me when you want to be picked up." I nodded and got out of the car. I knocked on the door, and Mason's older brother, Sean answered. He was so hot, but he's like 17. "Oh, hey Kat, I haven't seen you in awhile," he said. I blushed and smiled.

Mason walked up and pulled me into a hug. He smelled really good.

**PICTURE MASON LOOKING LIKE JACK DAIL K? IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO THAT IS, HES A VINER LOL AND HES SO CUTE OMG**

I smiled at him and he smiled back with those huge dimples of his. I ruffled his shaggy dirty blonde hair and ran upstairs, with him chasing me. I started laughing so hard my stomach hurt. I plopped down on this huge chair he had in his room and he laid back on his bed.

FLASHBACK

Last summer, Mason and I dated. I remember I had really caught feelings for Hayes that summer, and we had kissed about a week before this happened. It was truth or dare when we kissed..no big deal. I just hadn't told Mason yet. Well, after about 3 months of us dating, I was in this exact chair, and he was sitting on his bed, like he is now and we were telling each other cheesy pickup lines and out of nowhere he jumped off of his bed, came over to me, picked me up bridal style, and kissed me right on the lips. It sort of turned into a makeout session, but I was overwhelmed with this guilt because I kissed Hayes. I stopped kissing him, and told him what had happened, and he dumped me, right then and there. After almost a year, we ran into each other at a party (because we didn't go to the same school), and we started talking, and ever since we've been best friends.

END OF FLASHBACK

"I can't believe Hayes just broke up with you like that. He's given you plenty of reasons not to trust him," Mason said. I nodded in agreement.

We talked, played board games, and played tag for about 3 hours. I texted Bre and told her to pick me up because it was getting late. "Bre's here, thanks so much for inviting me over. We need to hang out more, I miss you," I said. "I miss you too Kat," Mason said, pulling me into a hug. I smiled at him and walked downstairs.

"Wait Kat!" I heard Mason's little sister, Audrey yelling. She's 8, and so cute. She looks just like Mason. (aw so she looks like jack dail, ugh could you imagine awww)

She hugged me and ran back upstairs. I laughed a little and walked out to Bre. We went home, and I decided to go to bed. I changed into purple pajama pants with white polka dots and a white tanktop. I crawled in my bed, plugged in my phone, and went to sleep.