Chapter 4: Prepare For War

The walk back to Iwaizumi's home was noisier than usual, since it was mostly Oikawa filling the nonexistent silence with cheery, but senseless, chatter. Commonly, Iwaizumi would threaten him with violence, causing Oikawa to quiet down, but Iwaizumi was still chock full of awkward tension to get a word out.

And it wasn't like Iwaizumi wanted to say anything anyway, he was still forming the game plan of how he was going to get Oikawa back to his room without drawing his mother's attention. For some reason, like most, she saw Oikawa as charming instead of an absolute buffoon. They often conversed the second they entered through the front door.

"So, Iwa, I was wondering if you were free Friday night." Oikawa said, eyes shining with a badly hidden curiosity.

"Possibly," he said, "why do you ask?" Iwaizumi gritted out, half-raising an eyebrow. He was hesitant about accepting anything when Shittykawa was involved.

Oikawa stopped for a moment, looking up from the ground to make eye contact with Iwaizumi. He seemed to be nervous, shifting his weight from side to side.

What was this all about?

"So, uh. Okay, well I've been talking to this cute second year and she-"

Iwaizumi was already drowning him out. He could care less about whatever the hell he decided to do with a girl. He wasn't his dad.

"-if you'd like to come."

"Wait, what?" Iwaizumi said a few moments later, finally tuning back into whatever Oikawa was going on about. Oikawa tilted his head to the side, his longer brown hair shifting with it.

"There's a party on Friday," there was the answer to the first question, "there are going to be a lot of girls. So, I thought, Iwa, you might like a bit of the action."

Oh.

Iwaizumi somehow forgot all about girls. It was almost weird how enraptured he'd been with Oikawa lately. But, he was still definitely attracted to them, right? Stupid Oikawa distracting him from, well, everything.

"Sure, why not. Just don't embarrass me alright, Shittykawa?"

Oikawa let out a bright laugh, elbowing Iwaizumi playfully. For the rest of the walk Oikawa talked about all the girls they would woo during the party.

He certainly was girl-crazy.

As they reached his front steps, Iwaizumi relayed the ingenious plan he'd constructed minutes prior to Oikawa.

Iwaizumi would distract his mother with a compact recap of his day while Oikawa snuck up the stairs, quietly.

It should've gone smoothly.

Nothing ever goes smoothly.

Iwaizumi clambered up to his front door, opening it as loudly as he could.

"I'm home!"

He knew shouting it was a bit much, but it made it easier to get his mother's attention.

No reply. But, he could hear the sound of the washer running. That meant they probably had a slim window of time to get Oikawa upstairs.

He motioned Oikawa to follow him, and he more so tip-toed towards the stairway. Oikawa, of course, thought it'd be the best moment to let out a sneeze.
Damn it.

"Oikawa?" he could hear his mother's voice say, and then her soft footsteps trekking towards them, "I knew I recognized that kitten sneeze!"

He watched Oikawa turn a rosy pink, his eyes darting away in embarrassment.

"H-hi, Mrs. Iwa-chan."

This caused Iwaizumi's mother to chuckle.

"Your nicknames for each other are just the most endearing thing."

Iwaizumi felt like he was about to gag. It also infuriated him even more that his mother was nicer to Trashykawa than her own son. She acted like a completely different woman. Couldn't they just go upstairs?

"Alright, well, I won't bother you." His mother said briefly. Well, that was fast. Usually Oikawa talked to his mother for an average of fifteen minutes. But, under two was a new record. Oikawa nodded simply, turning to walk up the stairs leading to Iwaizumi's bedroom.

When Iwaizumi finally entered his room, Oikawa was sprawled out, lounging on his bed. The second Iwaizumi clicked the door closed behind him, Oikawa sat up, looking excitedly at Iwaizumi. His brown hair was a mess, probably from all the sitting and standing. Iwaizumi wondered if Oikawa's hair was as soft as it lo-

He had to physically stop that train of thought, bringing a hand up to slap his forehead.

"Iwa?"

"Sorry, just a bug." He said roughly. He felt ashamed he was able to stand in Oikawa's presence, when he couldn't even keep his mind out of the gutter. Oikawa shrugged, obviously not caring.

"Alright, so, I was thinking we pick up where we left off." Oikawa said matter-of-factly, getting swiftly to his feet.

"What do you mean 'left off'?" Iwaizumi asked, suspicious of what Oikawa's words entailed, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Well, we might be kissing a lot of girls on Friday.."

Wait he wasn't insinuating they were going to try kissing again.

Oikawa seemed to answer the internal question as he treaded not-so-slowly towards him.

"Let's do this together, Iwa-chan!" He said, way too cheerfully for what he was about to do. Iwaizumi could only nod, his tongue feeling limp in his mouth.

Was this really happening?

This could just be some big elaborate dream his brain conjured up. If that was the case, then he need to snap out of it. He could subconsciously hear Oikawa say something else that sounded like "Ready Iwa-chan?", but he just continued to nod. He felt like throwing up from the anxiousness.

And then Oikawa pressed lips to his.

Their lips were touching.

Iwaizumi froze like an ice sculpture as Oikawa started to move his mouth against his. It lasted maybe a few moments before Oikawa stopped to whisper something in his ear.

"I've kissed doors more exciting than you."

Iwaizumi's face all at once turned a bright red. He didn't know how to react to that. Mostly because he knew the doors he'd kissed probably had more experience than Iwaizumi himself. That thought instantly made him angry.

In a fit of rage, Iwaizumi pressed his lips hard against Oikawa's, hearing a quiet gasp escape his mouth. The kiss was rough and sloppy, teeth clicking together, but Oikawa could at least definitely say that it wasn't boring. As he pulled away, he watched Oikawa's face break out in a smile. The next few moments consisted of Oikawa busting out into a quiet laughter, and Iwaizumi not-so-softly kicking him in the shin, as his face continued to burn like a wildfire.

"You act like you've never kissed before."

Iwaizumi didn't think his face could get any redder, but somehow he succeeded. The reaction was one Oikawa took instant notice to.

"Oh my god, Iwa-chan, was that your first kiss?"

The laughter got louder, making the embarrassment in his chest burn bright. Iwaizumi was literally about to beat his stupid face in, but that was after he was able to remove his own hands from his face. Although covering up his apparent blush was futile, it did make him feel a little better.

He was then distracted by the quiet scratching sound of pencil on paper.

Was he taking notes?