Holly breathed in and out before nodding at Dr. Bailey again and walked inside once she opened the door.

"Okay," Dr. Bailey announced, a smile plastered on both of their faces, "uh, good news. Great news."

"The cancer's practically gone." Holly smiled at Izzie's mother, "It looks like your psychic back home was right, Mrs. Stevens."

Bailey nodded, "Looks like we caught it early after all."

"Oh!" Izzie's mother cried in relief, "Oh, thank you God! Thank you. Oh, my baby. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, thank you," She walked over to the doctors and gave them a hug, "thank you, thank you. Oh, thank you!"

"Oh." Bailey laughed. 

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you. Mm." Izzie's mother let go, "But I knew it." She laughed, "Didn't I? I knew it." She leaned down, holding Izzie's cheek in one hand, "I knew because you're my cricket. Nothing can happen to you."

Izzie tightened her smile, knowing Bailey and Holly were lying as she pulled her mom into a hug with tears in her eyes, "I love you, mom."

"Oh, I love you, too, my baby girl." Her mother sighed, "I love you so, so much." Holly wiped a small tear that came out and Bailey felt her eyes begin to water so she looked away, "God," Izzie's mother sniffled, "look at me. I must be a mess." She laughed, "Well, I'm gonna go clean up, okay? And then, uh, and then I'm gonna call Jade... and Mrs. Norris, too. I got them all so worried. Oh."

Once Izzie's mother shut the door to the bathroom, Izzie paused as she looked at the ground before glancing at her doctors, "Just tell me."

"The mets have shrunk some." Bailey recalled.

"But there are new mets, too." Holly added, "Several of them are in the small bowel."

Izzie sighed, wiping away a tear, "No surgery, then."

"Oh," Bailey corrected, "I'm gonna operate. I'm going to take out absolutely everything I can, be as aggressive as I can, and then we'll take it from there."

Izzie nodded, her tears flowing, "Okay."

Bailey assured, "Okay."

"Holly," George smiled, running up to his girlfriend with a huge smile on his face, "I'm on Hunt's service for the rest of the month-- the guy's incredible. He saved a guy that shouldn't be alive-- seventeen bullets. He has one lung, one kidney left-- it's amazing. Trauma," He laughed, "is amazing. Oh," He noted, "and never say it's a slow day in the pit, it's practically like saying MacBeth or something in the theatre."

"That's great." Holly smiled, turning around to face him as she wiped off a few tears, "T-That's great."

"Holl--"

"Izzie's got new mets on her small bowel." Holly revealed, causing George's smile to fade slowly as she shrugged, bringing up her hands to show the scarf she was knitting, "And I can't knit for the life of me." 

✧✧✧

holly really just said my knitting skills suck and im sad cause i can't knit anything for izzie 

✧✧✧

"You should see the bridesmaids' dresses, Dr. Bailey." Izzie smiled as Holly made Izzie follow her finger before using an otoscope, "Oh, and the flowers-- they're being delivered at 5:00. I had to pay extra for them to decorate the church, but Derek gave me his credit card, told me to do what I had to do, so..." She laughed as she grabbed Alex's hand, "it's gonna be perfect."