Chapter 21

Malena POV

Okay... I was going crazy.
"Don't be nervous darling. I got your back. Look I have some great dresses and I'm sure you'll like it" Andrea consoled me.

She called someone and came back. "Your dress is on its way. Till then spill" she asked.

"He confessed that he likes me" I looked at her face and saw her reaction change.

"He confessed? Tell me you rejected" she replied and suddenly gasped. "Don't tell me its a date"

"Andrea... First of all I didn't reject him and I even didn't confess that I like him back. And no this is not a date" I told her patiently.

"You should have.. That guy broke your heart..." she whispered.

"I know but this can't change the fact that I like him too" I said earning a slap on my shoulder.

"How dare you girl... You never told me this. Don't tell you both have done the deeds" she gasped dramatically.

"You insane? No and about me liking him... What should have I done. Climb a mountain and shout that I like him" I taunted her.

"The date was a waste" she said to herself.

Soon the doorbell rang and I received my dress with a bouquet.

"Andrea that is so sweet of you" I said placing the dress on the couch and putting the flowers on the table.

She checked the dress and then looked at me.
"Perfect... It's going to look awesome on you. Or maybe you're going to look awesome in this.. Either way" she said picking up the dress and going in the room.

I found the vase to put the flowers in it but then I saw the note.

'Beautiful flowers for beautiful girl'

"Andrea... " I called.

"What? I am steaming your dress. Don't disturb me" she shouted from my room.

Fine...

I put the flowers in the vase.

After an hour

I was all ready. In my red bodycon gown and a perfect makeup because my best friend was an expert in this.

"Andrea.. Have I told you that I love you?" I asked her.

"No" she said pretending getting hurt.

"That's good because I don't" I laughed.

"Bitch" she huffed.

I hugged her and thanked her.

"You know I'm still not okay with the idea of you and him" she said.

"I kno-" my reply was interrupted by Christian's call.

"I'm here. You ready?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm coming" I replied and then hugged her last time.

"Be careful. And use protection" she shouted.

"Jeez, Andrea" I hissed. Was she a bipolar sometimes she was against him and now...

She just laughed "just kidding but be careful"

I nodded and left.

I saw Christian standing next to his car in black tuxedo.
He looked at me and smiled.
"You look amazing... As always" I laughed at his last words.

He just looked at me for minutes and I stood there uncomfortably.

"Can we?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah sure" he led me to his car like a gentleman.

"So... What is the party about?" I asked him.

"Just you know business" he replied.

"Business... " I whispered.

"Don't worry we'll not stay there too long" he said understanding my discomfort.

Then we just sat there in a comfortable silence. As we reached the venue, I saw the paparazzi everywhere. My breath hitched.

Christian's hand squeezed mine as he gave me a reassurance look.

We headed in ignoring the paparazzi. As we reached inside, I was numb... This was the so called party where I didn't belong... Okay I knew I always said that but that was true.

The hall was full of people whom I saw everyday on front page of the newspapers making headlines.

"Hey, you okay right?" Christian whispered.

"Yeah" I managed to speak.

"Don't worry you'll be fine" he said. His arm snaked around my waist and he pulled me close to him.

After an hour

It was not that bad actually except the fact that the women gave me a disgusted look. But to be true everyone was not like them. They were nice.

"Hello Malena, I'm so happy to see you here" I found Christian's mom in a beautiful sparkling golden gown. She made her way to me with her husband and crashed me into a hug.

"Mrs Perez, nice to meet you again" I said nervously.

"Oh darling, we are so happy to meet again. I told Christian to invite you for dinner but he just nodded and never did" Mr Perez said shaking his head.

"Christian is usually busy so maybe he forgot to invite me" I explained. Why was I defending him?

"But you have to promise, you'll visit us" Mrs Perez asked. I politely nodded. They had to leave when someone called them so we said our goodbyes.

And now I was on my way to the washroom because I really needed to pee.

After doing my business, I was on my way back to the party until I bumped into someone.

I looked up and apologized to the man who was wearing a charcoal black shirt dress and pant and coat hanging on his left hand.

"Are you okay? Love" he asked.

"Yes I'm fine. I'm so so sorry, I didn't see you" I apologized again.

"No, no, I'm sorry. I didn't see you coming love. By the way I am Noah Greene" he introduced himself.

"Hi Noah, I'm Malena Wells. Nice to meet you" I shook hands with him.

"Malena... So what you're doing here?" he asked. What did this mean? I didn't deserve being here?

He understood my confusion and again asked "I mean, how come you're here, everyone are outside watching the fireworks which are as beautiful as you"

"Oh... I was just going back" I replied trying to get away. "So... I'll see you around" I left.

"Where were you? I thought you got lost or something" Christian came running to me.

"No, I just bumped into someone, that's all I'm fine" I replied.

"Is that person okay?" I joked.

"Shut up" I faked being angry.

He just shook his head and held my hand. "Let's go" he took a step but I stopped.

"What about the fireworks?" I asked.

"There are more important things than the fireworks" he replied and again took a step but again I stopped.

"And that is... " I raised an eyebrow.

"You're impossible" he said and let go of my hand. I felt cold when he let go of my hand. I looked at hand and then at him.

He strode towards me and crashed his lips on mine.
The kiss was hasty. His tongue licked my bottom lip and I permitted him the entry. As our tongue was fighting for the dominance I heard someone clap and we separated.

"I see what is more important than the fireworks outside" a guy said. I turned to see the same guy I met just now.
"Hello again love"
Noah...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I hope you like this chapter please do
Vote
Comment
Share