Chapter 13

Malena POV

So now we were going to the Wailua Falls but before that we were heading to the Bamboo Forest.

I decided to maintain some distance from Christian as I didn't know about him but if he was near me I was going to get attracted to him.

We had to drive also it was hot so I decided to wear a crop top and shorts which weren't looking good on me.

Everyone hired cars, Dean drove me and Andrea to the next location. As we reached there I looked around at the beauty which made my mood lighter. The view was amazing and I was brimming with excitement. As we reached Pipiwai Trail, we headed to the Bamboo Forest.

Everyone was talking and Christian was just following me. I knew it was rude to avoid him which made me felt guilty but I had to do it to protect my feelings.
Couldn't blame for being a little selfish.

"Malena" he called me.

"Yeah" I answered in monosyllables, maintaining a safe distance.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" he asked.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"You know this" he pointed to the distance between us. "I told you let's start again. A new start. Let's start from being friends but no you have to act like this"

"Hey what happened?" Dean shouted grabbing everyone's attention. Good Dean, I rolled my eyes.

"You all go, we are coming" Christian replied.

"Christian you know, we can't be friends right? I can't... Why don't you understand?" I sighed.

"Please Malena... I swear I won't do anything to hurt you. Please just once trust me. Please" he begged me. This was the first time I heard Christian being so desperate.

"Promise me you won't do anything" I said.

"I promise" he promised in a second.

"Keep that in mind. Now let's go" I said smiling.

I was too easy to convince.

Bamboo forest wasn't that fun except the part when we pranked Andrea telling her there was a spider on her due to which she literally screamed so loud that everyone looked at her like she was crazy.

Christian and Caleb's parents stopped there to get some rest and we made our way to the Wailua Falls. I brought my bikini which looked amazing on me according to Andrea. Even though I was getting tired and me feet hurt after walking so much but the excitement and the happiness dominated those feelings.

"Excited?" Christian asked me noticing my smile.

"Of course" I replied happily.

"Let me tell you one thing. After this we are going to do some adventurous sports and you'll love it" he told me waiting for my reaction.

"Really? What are we going to do?" I asked.

"That you'll know" he replied. "There... We reached" he said showing me the fall.

We looked at the steep path which led us to the falls. Slowly I took a cautious step towards the path and tried to descend but the fear made me retract myself.
I felt a hand on my hand which belonged to Christian who took a step and turned to me to do the same. I started following his step which made it easier to descend. Our hands were tightly clasped with each other as my steps were getting clumsier making me loose my balance. I felt the grip getting tighter as we were reaching closer to the land.

After my feet touched the ground all the guys took their shirt off and went in the water while Andrea and I looked at each other.

"Where are we gonna change?" I asked her.