The Willow tree 🌼Fluff🌼

Start from the beginning

A small tear fell out of Grian's eye. He jumped onto Mumbo, wrapping his arms around Mumbo's neck, knocking the moustached man to the ground. Mumbo laughed nervously. This wasn't an answer.
And as if the universe heard his request, Grian whispered one word into Mumbo's ear.

"Yes..."

~~~

Mumbo and Grian walked up the grassy hill. They each held a small carrier, each containing a 8 month old baby. Charlie and Ari. They had adopted the twins as newborns and they were natural parents. When they reached the top they saw the sun setting over the forest. They took the babies out of the baskets, letting them roll and crawl around on the plaid checkered blanket. The babies laughed at the little butterflies that floated around them. The strings of lights hung above the family, they burnt out a long time ago. Grian picked up Ari, lifting her in the air. The infant giggled, her short black hair settling around her head. Mumbo did the same to Charlie. The family stayed under that tree, watching the fireflies move around in the thick forest. Mumbo pulled out a daisy and handed it to Grian, Who proceeded to tuck the daisy behind Ari's small ear. They heard an occasional animal call throughout the night. The babies slowly drifted to sleep. Grian looked up at the stars, they shone brightly tonight. He laid his head on Mumbo's shoulder and held one of the babies in his arms. He couldn't help but smile as he cuddled close to his perfect little family.

~~~

Grian walked up the grassy hill. He slowly approached the large willow tree noticing the dusty, old lights that hung from it's branches. Mumbo followed suit and the two settled with their heads leaning on the large trunk of the tree. Mumbo laid down and put a hand behind his head. He handed Grian a daisy and Grian held onto it as he positioned himself beside Mumbo before putting his head on Mumbo's chest. He hugged Mumbo's torso and let the warmth seep through him. The kids were at a sleepover so it was just them for the night. They stayed like that for a long while. Grian could hear Mumbo's heart beating inside his chest. He could feel the rise and fall of each breath Mumbo took. Grian's eyes started to drift closed. And soon enough both of then were asleep under the large, old willow tree.

~~~

Grian and Mumbo buttoned up their suit jackets. Grian slipped a perfect white daisy into the top pocket of his suit jacket. They got out of the car and started the walk up to their favourite spot. When they arrived they noticed a familiar girl with long black hair. She was wearing a stunning white dress that swayed with the autumn breeze. Grian approached her and gave her a tight hug.

"You look beautiful. Awe my baby is all grown up" Grian already started to cry and the wedding hadn't even started yet. Mumbo gave Ari a hug before they moved to the back of the rows of chairs.

A moments later they heard music start to play. They saw Ari walk passed them which was their cue to go up to her and help walk her down the makeshift aisle. Mumbo's eyes started to well up with tears as he glanced over to his daughter. Whenthey reached the alter they handed their little girl off to his groom. Dior, the son of Iskall and stress.
Mumbo and Grian sat in their seats beside their son charlie and watched as the couple exchanged vows. The wedding was perfect, and of course, the venue was the clearing right below the old willow tree.

~~~

Mumbo and Grian walked ever so slowly up the grassy hill. They had their arms linked and Mumbo held a cane in his free hand. The two finally reached the top. As they stared out at the sunset, Grian saw a familiar white flower go into his feild of view. Mumbo held it out for Grian and Grian grabbed onto it, embracing Mumbo in a slow hug. He proceeded to turn on the portable radio and they listened to slow music as they swayed to the beat. Grian fell to the ground, exhausted. Mumbk told him to take it easy the rest of the night as he ran his hands through Grian's partially grey hair before fixing up his own white and black hair he had going on.

~~~

Mumbo walked up the hill slowly and cautiosly. He approached the larger than life willow tree and ducked through its descending leaves. He pulled a daisy out of his pocket before placing it on a dull, grey tombstone. He kneeled next to the rectangle that lay on the ground.

"I brought you your daisy, love. I promised I would give you one every time we came up here after all" Mumbo said to the tomb on the ground.

He looked up and noticed the lights that hung there from his and Grian's first date. They never got around to changing the batteries. Mumbo slowly walked back downthe hill alone, incomplete silence. A small tear escaped his eye as he looked back at the large willow tree. He wished that he could see the figure of Grian standing beside the tree waiting for him, but that simply wasn't the case anymore...

~~~

A girl with black hair walked up the grassy hill. She was accompanied by a tall boy in a red jumper. He had bouncy, curly hair. They approached the top of the hill and went through the leaves of the willow tree. The pair looked down at the two tombstones that lay under the willow tree. The blonde boy jumps up into the willow tree with a pack of batteries in hand. He pops them into the slots and watches as the whole tree lights up with glowing spheres. The girl watches from below and gives him a thumbs up. He hops down and stares at the sight before him. The gril pulls out a daisy. Her dad's last request was that whenever the siblings came to visit the willow tree, they should bring a daisy to place down on Grian's tombstone. And so they obliged. They set the daisy down on the stone before stepping back. The sound of Mumbo's voice echoed in the girls head.

"Daisies for Grian, Every time."

-------------------------------------------------------

That one was one of the better ones. I like it! Thanks for reading y'all