A Nightmare Moves the Ship

"Hey sensei." Naruto said softly as him and Itachi walked around the outskirts of town, trying to eliminate bases. They managed to take two bases down and Itachi wanted them all eliminated tonight so they could leave the minute the bridge was done.

"Hm." Itachi said not feeling any chakra on the outskirts, ready to call it a night and try again tomorrow night.

"I really like Sasuke." Naruto admitted, and Itachi figured his brother was head over heels in love with Naruto. He constantly talked about him, and he always toned down his feelings because he didn't want to scare Naruto away.

"I thought so. What's stopping you from making it official?" Naruto folded his arms and frowned.

"I want to see how my family would react. I like him a lot, and if I have to disown my family to be with him. I would." Naruto said with a hint of finality to it, knowing he didn't want to live in a world where he couldn't spend the rest of his life picking on his husband that only smiled so fondly at him, and gave everybody else passive smirks.

Where he hates touching other people but will come to him, and give him a hug and cuddles and kisses.

Where he would be so loving to him, that it would make Naruto melt.

He couldn't wait to be with Sasuke.

"So you love Sasuke?" Naruto smiled as they finished a perimeter of the wave.

"The same way you love Sakura and Dango." Itachi coughed a little, and Naruto smiled.

"Spill your soul, I just spilled mines. Promise I won't tell." Naruto held his pinky out and Itachi nodded and started spilling his soul to which Naruto listened to an Uchiha gush about his future wife, or who he hoped to be.

Can you believe Itachi fell for Sakura? Because Naruto thought he have to fight Sakura for Sasuke and ultimately end up winning anyways, you can just tell when somebody is gay.

"That's nice, she'll be happy when you confess to her." Naruto said softly, he wanted a hug from Sasuke.

"Will she? I honestly believe she deserves better." Naruto smiled as Sasuke and Sakura came into view.

"Of course you do. Every good man will say that. You are good for her, just make sure you dodge her punches." Naruto reminded as he walked a little faster to Sasuke. Wrapping his arms around Sasuke stunningbhim a little but he ultimately looked down and patted Naruto's hair.

"Hello to you too. What's wrong?" Sasuke asked, while Sakura leaned down to look Naruto in his eyes, watching as he cheeks dusted pink and his blue eyes opened a little.

"Nothing, can we stay like this for a little?" Naruto asked and Sasuke nodded and wrapped his arms around Naruto and Itachi looked to Sasuke.

"How many bases did you both take down?" Sakura looked to Itachi and spoke.

"We took down four. You said there is eight. How many were on the outskirts?" Itachi snorted.

"Two high level bases, no sound of Gato but those bases resided a lot of missing c-rank ninjas." Sakura nodded.

"So we'll scope the town out looking for unusual building during the day to raid tomorrow night. Should we head to bed, and we'd only get 5 hours a sleep at this point." Sakura replies and Itachi nodded.

The four of them snuck back into Tsunami house, and when Naruto left the bathroom drying his hair he was meet with Inari peeking out his room.

"What's wrong Inari?" Naruto asked, and Inari was frightened.

"I had a nightmare. Can I...?" Naruto smiled and nodded.

"Of course, come." Naruto held his hand and headed to his room, Sasuke was sleeping and Inari went to crawl in Sasuke's bed which confused Naruto.

"Come on, there's more room." Inari said patting the empty spot next to him and Naruto nodded. Watching as Sasuke laid on his back with his arms spread out. Naruto laid down in the middle, and held Inari to his chest.

"Thank you for helping me Naruto." Naruto smiled and patted Inari's back.

"Of course, Inari."

When Sasuke woke up, his arms felt dead. He blinked and looked next to him to see Naruto sleeping contently while he held Inari. He blinked and blinked but ended up just softening. Rolling back over and spooning Naruto, he sighed into Naruto's blonde hair that smelled of sunshine and mangos.

"So cute. I like you." Sasuke confessed when he knew nobody would hear it, he ended up drifting back to sleep. Tsunami opened the door about an hour later to see if the boys knew where Inari was and saw them holding her child as if he was something precious to them.

She grabbed her second husband Kaiza, and watched as he smiled at the sight. Tazuna only looked and told his daughter that they as Inari's parents were second to these ninjas.

Itachi came to wake them up, but saw that they slept so soundly, even Sakura giggled at the sight and the both of them just decided to make clones and to leave the trio sleeping.

Two hours after everybody left, Inari woke up. Sitting up and disturbing Naruto who only spoke softly.

"Inari honey, you don't have to leave. I'll tell Sasuke to scoot over." Naruto mumbled with his eyes clothes.

"Scoot over Sasuke." Naruto said patting Sasuke and Sasuke grumbled.

"I can't scoot over anymore. Just come a little closer than" Sasuke mumbled, and Inari smiled and yawned.

"It's morning Naruto. We should wake up." Naruto then decided to open his eyes, and groaned. He leaned into Sasuke and spoke.

"Time to get up Sasuke." Sasuke mumbled and Naruto sat up quickly.

"Naruto come back and lay down." Inari chuckled and Naruto looked to Inari.

"Did you sleep well?" Naruto said completely leaving Sasuke cold and alone to which made him sit up and frown.

"I did, thank you both for letting me sleep with you." Sasuke moved the end of the bed and decided to ruffle Inari's bed head.

"You are always welcome. You should shower and dress your mother is probably looking for you." Inari nodded and left the room, while Naruto and Sasuke shared a look before Naruto went to speak.

"Want to look for those bases? Sasuke stood up and placed a hand on Naruto's blonde hair, ruffling it a little. He gave Naruto a smile.

"Yeah. Yeah let's do that." Naruto's heart fluttered as he grabbed some clothes headed to shower, while Sasuke looked at him fondly.

*