Funerals End It All

"You can't just kill your brother" I said and he smirked.

"Says who?" He asked and I looked around.

"It's just the rule. You can't kill your brother because he's a slayer. That's life" I told him and he grabbed my arm.

"He is dangerous. He kills and he won't stop until he's dead" He tried to reason and I scoffed.

"Like you're any better. You kill people who kills other people. Everyone in this chain of killings are killers" I told him and he sighed.

"He killed you!" He reminded me and I chuckled.

"And that's even more of a reason to keep him alive. Because I want to kill him. I want to kill a lot of people. Quantell probably wants to kill me. It's a chain. It's endless. Especially with supernatural creatures like myself" I explained and we approached a restaurant.

"Well, I'm starved. Let's eat" I said and walked into the building.

"Table for two. Far from the windows. Possibly somewhere with nobody" I snapped my fingers at the waiter and he looked at the book.

"Did you make a reservation?" He asked and I leaned over the counter, looking him in the eyes.

"No. Now please, lead me to my seat" I ordered and his face became pale.

"Yes, ma'am" He blankly said and walked away.

"That's the way I roll" I told Dillan and followed the man.

"Mind control. I like it. You didn't use it the last time I saw you" He mumbled the last part under his breath.

"When's the last time you saw me?" I asked and he shrugged.

"1850s. In Northern France. I was celebrating my birthday at a bar and you were there. Teresa, is what you went by" He elaborated and I nodded.

"I remember that night. But, I don't remember you" We arrived at the table farthest away from the entrance.

"Thanks" I nodded at the man and let his mind go, his face regaining color. I sat down, Dillan across from me.

"I was brunette back then. A little shorter and much skinnier. I used to drink animal blood back then, so I was weaker. But, now I'm blonde from being in Panama for so long and the sun dying my hair. I drink from humans, making me stronger" He informed me and I touched his face.

"Was that when I was a red head with brown eyes?" I asked and he smiled.

"Yeah, I honestly liked you better back then. It suited you better than this"  He admitted and I closed my eyes, shifting. I turned back to the woman he described.

"The girl all the men wanted. I was a fool to ever leave that pub without you" He whispered and the waiter returned.

"Have you figured out what you want?" He asked and I looked at the menu.

"Bring me salad please" I said and I looked at Dillan, who was smirking at me.

"I didn't realize I was with a vegetarian" He joked and I blushed.

"I never did like eating meat in this body. It has a preference of food. It obviously likes salad" I shrugged and Dillan looked at the waiter.

"No, I'm not eating. You could say I have a strict diet" He shooed the man away and I sat back.

"Okay, so this question has been bothering me forever. It's a yes or no" I prepared him and leaned forward.

"Do you consider potato salad a salad?" I asked and he scoffed.