Chapter Twenty-Eight- I Watch a University Performance

Start from the beginning

"I don't doubt it," I responded. 

"Alright, now go and sit in the audience, okay?" Lily asked me, as she pulled me into an embrace for a few moments. 

"Alright," I agreed. 

She adjusted the skirt of her Renaissance-style white dress, and then curtsied to me before heading on stage. 

I looked towards her with what I supposed were starstruck eyes, and then wandered into the audience so that I could sit beside Yasmin. 

Soon after that, the performance began to play out, and despite the fact that I knew Lily was going to get through it without error, I couldn't help but be nervous for her. 

The nerves calmed down though, when she appeared on stage and did just what she said she was going to do. She really did shine. 

I had been surprised when Winona had shown up in the play, too, though. 

I think that explained why I hadn't seen her much recently. Not only had she been involved with the journalism society, but she had been preparing for her role in this performance, too. 

I was so impressed with her. 

By the end of the show, the actors of the performance all bowed, and then the stagehands went to join them, including X, who had designed the set. 

Once the actors had changed in their dressing rooms, Winona was the first one to approach me. 

"Hey!" she said with a grin upon her face. 

"Hey you!" I said excitedly. 

"How did I do?" she asked. 

"You were amazing!" Lily chimed in, as she joined the two of us, and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. She had changed into a denim jacket which she wore over a black t-shirt, and was wearing a slim red skirt below that. 

It was a pretty bold look, but Lily pulled it off. The girl could make anything look good. 

"You both were," I told them, and they looked back at me with expressions of gratitude apparent on their faces. 

Their eyes were shining in the moonlight, and they both looked incredibly happy with how the show had turned out. 

It was only opening night, but I had to say they had gotten off to a very strong start. 

"I was once told that I would only ever be an understudy, but then I got the role of Claribel! It's amazing that they adapted the performance so that there were more females in it, huh?" Winona asked me, then. 

"I agree!" I said. 

It was about time, anyway. I knew that The Tempest didn't have all that many female characters in it, so I was glad that Winona and a few other girls had gotten the chance to star in it. 

Winona would always work hard to get something she wanted. She was much like Lily in that respect. I really did admire the both of them so incredibly much for that.

 "Do you think you would ever perform?" Winona asked me. 

"Maybe one day," I said. 

It could be cool to star in a performance alongside Winona and Lily. I knew that the both of them had mentioned previously that they would like to continue being members of the drama club the next year. 

"Awesome, Selina!" Winona said, as she beamed back at me, her blue eyes brightening a little as she did so.

 She mpoved her brown hair over one shoulder, as she appeared thoughtful for a moment, and then spoke again.