Chapter Six- I Go To A Party

As I sat upon the grassy fields of the campus, simply observing the scenery around me, I watched as a little squirrel scurried by and into the tree nearby me.

I then returned my attention to my poetry book, eventually deciding to close it when a raindrop fell from the sky above.

Oh, hell no. I was not about to become a vertical human puddle.

I headed back inside the dormitories, and wandered into the kitchen to get myself a snack.

Once I had placed my microwavable macaroni cheese in to cook, I turned to see Winona stood behind me.

"How are you doing, babe?" she asked me.

"I'm good, Win. How's you?" I replied.

"Also good. You sure you're okay? You look as though there's something on your mind," Winona pointed out, evidently as observant as ever.

"I suppose I'm just thinking- I know there's a campus party happening this evening," I stated.

Winona gave an understanding nod in response to that, then.

"Yeah, Lily's hosting," she stated.

X soon entered the kitchen and looked towards us, with an expression of curiosity.

"You guys talking about the party?" they asked.

"Yup," I replied.

"Hey, we'll be there, Selina. No reason to worry," X stated.

I met them with an expression of gratefulness.

It did make things slightly easier, when I knew that my good friends would be at a party with me.

I wasn't entirely comfortable with talking to new people, but I knew that was something that would simply develop over time.

"Thank you, X," I said.

"Of course," they beamed back at me.

The microwave dinged, then, and I took my macaroni cheese out and began to eat it, once it had cooled down enough to do so, of course.

"See, this is what I miss sometimes. I wish I hadn't been recommended to go dairy free," X stated.

I just met them with a sympathetic expression.

"Hey, look on the bright side, it cuts out calories," Winona stated.

X just smirked.

"Not that you should even be worried about those, Winona. Your body is actually perfect," they told her.

Winona just waved a hand her way.

"Stop it. You flatter me," she smirked, tucking some stray hairs behind her ear.

"I just realised what day it is! Happy birthday, Xena!" I told them.

They beamed back at me.

"Thank you, Selina!" they replied.

"Happy birthday lovely," Winona stated, too, gathering her friend into a hug.

X simply grinned at the both of us, in her appreciation.

"We're going to take you out for dinner for your present," Winona informed her.

"Pizza?" X asked.

"Pizza," Winona agreed.

She had recently told me that she knew of a great vegan Italian restaurant nearby, which was great for us because it meant that X would be able to get a cheese-free pizza.