Chapter Seventeen- I Go To Lily's Birthday Party

On the day of Lily's birthday, I was walking through campus with the books that I had purchased for her from the local Waterstones. I just hoped that she would like them. 

I mean, it wasn't exactly difficult to come up with something to buy her. 

What do you get a literature student? Books. Exactly. 

I just hoped that my plan wasn't flawed, and she hadn't already used up all of the space on her, bookshelf or something. 

Once I got back to the dormitories, I found Winona playing on her Nintendo in the hall, all dressed up for the party, that would be taking place in a few hours time. 

"Hey, Selina. I have a question for you," she stated, then. 

I turned to her with an expression of curiosity, so she just went on. 

"Don't you think it's stupid that in the time that humans on this planet have evolved for, through all the wars, riots, revolutions, and such, that people can still have the time of day to be homophobic?" she asked me, then. 

"Yup," I replied, "So stupid."

"Hey you two!" Xena exclaimed, as they came to join the both of us. 

They soon caught on to the serious expression upon Winona's face. 

"What's going on?" they asked. 

"Just a stupid article I read earlier. I mean, I know that none of the three of us are gay, but still..." she trailed off. 

I swallowed. I was still working out that one, but I think it was becoming a little more apparent, at least to me, every single day. 

"Oh, I totally get you. I don't understand how people are homophobic today. Just get a hobby," X stated. 

"I agree," I stated. 

X turned to me and smiled. 

"Anyway, that's why we have the university LGBT society, after all," X said, with a positive lilt to their voice. 

"Of course! You recently became president of that, didn't you?" Winona asked, with an expression of admiration evident on her face. 

X grinned. 

"I certainly did!" they said. 

I just did a little round of applause for them. 

"Thank you, thank you," X stated, as they did a little bow. 

It appeared that Xena had gotten all ready for the party, too, and they turned to me then with a thoughtful expression. 

"Want me to help you get ready?" they asked. 

"Let's do it," I replied. 

X smiled, and the two of us headed down the hall, along with Winona, and I started to get ready. 

Once my hair was curled, I was in a crop top and denim skirt, and I had taken a shot of liquid courage, I stepped out into the hall with the both of them. 

We collected our presents together, ready to present to Lily once she arrived. 

I had to admit, I felt a little nervous to give her mine. 

I knew that in all likelihood she would like it, but I had to confess it still felt at least a little strange to even be gifting something to Lily. 

I still felt as though there was this part of her that disliked me, even if she had forgiven me. 

"Hey, cheer up, Selina. It's only twenty days until Christmas," X reminded me, then.