"The game must have known I needed this."

He smiled brightly, relaxing all the muscles in his body and breathing slowly as his eyes closed. After a minute or so, he opened his eyes back to the sky. Just as he was about to walk forward, he heard the bushes rustle behind him. Even though this was a game, there were still other things in the game that could kill you: Wild animals, car accidents, and anything that could injure you in real life. However, if you died in the game, you could always come back the next day, so it was significantly less risky than in real life. Even so, Jungkook's muscles tensed as the rustling became louder.

He started stepping backwards cautiously, unsure if a wild animal was preparing to attack him or not. He found a stick a couple feet to his left, quickly moving to grab it. He held it out in front of him, as if warning the thing coming his way. Jungkook was quickly thinking of escape routes.

Maybe if I just run, I can get away. Are you kidding? You don't even know this forest. Maybe if it was the one by your house that would be an option. But here? That animal will surely attack you when you're not looking. Just ... just breathe. Just back away slowly and make yourself look big.

Jungkook hadn't realized that he was backing up to the edge of a cliff, the edge about twenty feet to the closest ground. He was sure to be injured if he fell from that height, but he hadn't even noticed the cliff was there, his eyes focused on the leaves and bushes that continued to become even louder than before. Jungkook could tell the movement was extremely close.

He took one more step backwards, his foot slipping off the cliff as he lost his balance. He let out a surprised scream, only now realizing that his life was in danger. He quickly moved his torso to try and grip at the ledge. His right hand missed the ledge, but his left hand had a weak grip on it. He had a quick sigh of relief before trying to swing his right hand to also grip the ledge so he could pull himself up. But just as he was about to move his arm up, the ground began to crumble under his left hand.

"Help!"

The plea was too late, the ground completely falling apart under his hand. He squeezed his eyes shut, awaiting the pain he was about to endure. However, something quickly gripped his left wrist, stopping his fall midair. He opened his eyes to see a familiar silhouette.

"Kookie, are you okay?"

"Jimin?"

Jimin grabbed onto Jungkook's other wrist with a little maneuvering and pulled the boy up. They both sat on the ground, both breathing heavily for different reasons. Jimin was tired from the sudden exertion. Jungkook still had some fear coursing through him. After a couple minutes of both of them sitting on the ground, the awkward silence between the two became apparent.

"Were you following me?"

"N-No. Of course not. I just ..."

"Just what?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms as he awaited a response

"I was just passing by. That's all."

Jungkook knew that was a complete lie. He knew Jimin must have been waiting to see where Jungkook would be teleported when he logged in. A long time ago, Jimin had explained that, when a player logs in, there is a quick stream of light in the sky that signifies where they are dropped off. However, Jimin also explained that it's such a quick phenomenon that one can only really see it if they're looking for it.

He must have been waiting for me to get here. He knew I'd be in these woods. But ... I need to get away from him. To save him.