Chapter 23: Dad's Baby Girl

Start from the beginning

"Anne, would you do the honors?" Ash asks.

"Here goes nothing." I mutter then explain them everything except the thing with Tyson and Ash pipes in between but doesn't spill the beans about Tyson. By the end Dad is in tears from laughing too hard and Mom is giving me a disbelieving look.

"What were you thinking, young lady?"

"But no school property or his personal property was destroyed!" I point out.

"You were right; I don't need to worry about this one not being able to take care of herself. But what I need to worry about is, how did we not get even get a hint that something is going on?"

"We didn't exactly discuss anything related to it at home." I shrug.

"Still, I think we need to pay more attention in your lives."

"Yeah, I guess we do." Mom says pensively.

"Mom, Dad you both pay enough attention in our lives. You don't have to dedicate all your time to us. While working at the law firm you pay, more than enough attention in our lives." Ash reassures.

"Yes, we just didn't want to worry you guys." I say.

"Wait is Jacob the same Jacob who is helping you with chemistry?" Mom asks suddenly.

"Yes and I need to tell you guys something else as well." I had still not told anyone about the date and it is tomorrow.

"Holy sh*t!" Ash exclaims suddenly.

"Asher, watch your language." Mom scolds.

"Wilson finally asked you out?" He asks.

"Yeah he did, but how do you know?"

"He sent you a text saying I quote "Hello love, are you ready for our date tomorrow?" "

"Give me my phone back!" I exclaim going over to him and try to snatch my phone.

""You looked really good today, can't wait for our lessons." "No need to be jealous sunshine, you are the only one for me." Wow, who knew he is so cheesy." He says reading our olds texts.

"Both of you sit down properly, Asher give Anne her phone." Dad orders us. We comply without another word as he seems really angry.

"Why don't we know about this date?" Dad asks.

"I was just about to tell you about it."

"This should be the last time you two hide something as big as these things. Do you understand?" He asks when we don't reply.

"Yes"

"Now go to your rooms."

"Dad..."

"I said go to your rooms!" The disappointed look on his face is enough for my throat to tighten up. I just nod and go upstairs. When I am out of their sight I sprint to my room and lock the door. I had heard Ash's distant voice but I ignored it. When I lay on the bed hugging my soft toy tightly, the tears I was holding back finally escape.

I don't know how long I cried imagining the disappointed look on Dad's face. Whenever I remotely calmed down, I remembered again about how proud Dad is of me usually. And today I disappointed him so much, that he doesn't even want to talk to me. He didn't even call me baby girl. There is a knock on the door but I ignore it.

"It's me baby girl, please open the door." Dad pleads from outside but his voice only makes me cry harder. He tries for a bit then goes away. After a short while there is another knock.