to keep forever

Dear Jack Frost,

I loved you, didn't I?

--------❄--------

Dear Jack Frost,

I highly doubt that you're going to read all of this, but I still hope you do.

Where do I start this off? I don't know. There's so much I want to say that I would likely struggle to fit in such a short piece of paper. Better yet, I should pour my thoughts before I make a thousand drafts.

I wrote this letter just to thank you for everything that you've done. I started writing this before we got married.

So. You've always called me Snowflake. I have no idea where you coined the name, but I like hearing it from you. I used to question it, but in fact, it was the start of our bond, our relationship, and basically, our journey together. Soon, I realized that it wasn't just a nickname. It was even the reason why we met.

I spent years in isolation, locked in the belief that all else is impossible for me. I thought I would never meet someone who could understand the pain, the happiness, the fun—but you proved me wrong.

Anna thought I'd be alone for the rest of my life, and I did too. I assumed that there was no point in getting my "happy ending", as Anna called it, but you came along. I could recall when you stopped by during the night, your presence bugging every inch of my being for a while. I still have the flower you gave to me when we met. Its icy petals still bloom, and it became a symbol of our happiness together.

The next day, as far as I can recall, we walked around the castle and spent time telling our tales. It started with you coming through a window with a smile on your face, and I didn't know it would've changed my life forever. I complained at first, I think, but I guess you're my greatest intruder after all. Why were you in the library again?

Oh, no, what have I written? I must go on.

When you met my family, it was the best sight to see. Meeting Anna was a teasing spree, Olaf apparently loved hugging you, and the four spirits tried to kill you, one by one.

We explored the forest and met everyone. We slept beneath trees and kissed under the moonlight. Your staff got lost once in a while, we tried to recall our pasts, we did our jobs and tried to make things right. We built our small icy cabin and indulged in the taste of berries, our clothes ending up soaked by the soil. Fun times.

And someday became one of the best moments of my entire life—the day of our wedding. Endless fretting from Anna accompanied by your excitement and the cheers of everyone around us. Walking down the aisle and sighting you wear the finest suit in Arendelle; at that point, I didn't know what to say. You were... breathtaking. Then all else was followed by the happy chatting of the Northuldra, with you by my side.

I wish our frosted memoirs could be kept forever. I love you, and I want you to remember that.

But...

We'll never know when we'll be caught in a tragedy, falling and fading like the snowflakes at every breath of winter. The future will remain unknown, and who knows when we'd have to part ways and forget about each other. In a world where magic is deemed out of the ordinary, we were never safe from the risks that our powers can lead us to.

Anything can happen, and there's always a possibility that you'll forget about me. I know you might, you know I could. Despite everything we do, the sands of time might push our souls away.

Who knows when I'll be shaken with the voice of what lies ahead, tripping in my own steps forevermore. By the near future, when the only decision we can make is to do the next right thing, when the future appears blurry, when the world starts to rumble and separation leads us to oblivion, when we're safe and sound yet we're distant from each other, and when you've finally come to read this again... I just want to ask you one question.