chapter twenty-four

Start from the beginning

"Theo's coming for you. I don't know what he wants with you, but I was hoping we could form an alliance," Scott explained.

"So you want an inside man?"

"Pretty much," Liam answered.

Deucalion gave the young beta a look, "Why should I help?"

"Please, he has Ivy," Liam pleaded.

Now this shocked Deucalion, "Ivy? Why would my star pupil join forces with him?"

Scott sighed, "We don't think Ivy is completely herself. Ever since she died, she's been different."

"Wait, Ivy died?" Deucalion asked as Scott nodded in response. "Now that is bad. I'll do it."

Liam noticed that Deucalion had known something that he didn't. And it irritated him, because it seemed like almost everyone knew what was really going on with Ivy and nobody seemed to tell him anything. He just wanted his girlfriend back. He needed Ivy.

"Wait, you know something? Please, if you know anything that can help Ivy," Liam pleaded as Deucalion gave him a look.

"And what is Ivy to you, young man?"

"She's my girlfriend, and I'll very much like to get back the girl I'm in love with."

✯☾✯

Ivy watched as Theo explained to the Chimera pack on what they had to do. Apparently Theo wanted them to track down Deucalion and bring him back here. The tracking part was easy because Ivy already knew where he was.

Ivy's connection to Deucalion was one of the main reasons why Theo wanted Ivy to lead the mission. He hoped Deucalion would come to them without problems because of Ivy. Though in case things went south, Ivy would have the backup of Tracy, Josh, and Corey.

"Theo, we got it. We all know what to do," Ivy insisted, getting real tired of Theo talking already. "Go, do whatever it is that you're doing. We got this."

Theo rolled his eyes at her before nodding. He finally exited the lair and Ivy sighed in relief. "Finally, he left."

Josh chuckled, "So what do we do now?"

Ivy stood up from where she was sitting, "Just give me ten minutes and then we move out."

The three chimeras surrounding her nodded as she went to locate Deucalion.

✯☾✯

Liam was currently walking through the underground tunnels trying to find the Dread Doctors' operating theater. Malia had asked him to pass on a message to him on being right about the tunnels and the doctors lair, but instead of delivering the message, he decided to find it himself.

Liam had felt rather useless the past couple of days, so in a way this was his way of making himself useful.

Liam makes a turn, making a quick stop as he listens to the sound of dripping water from the pipes above him. He takes in a deep breath and continues walking.

His phone buzzes and he takes it out from his jean pocket, a text message from Ivy had come in.

Ivy: Can I crash at your place tonight?

Liam weakly smiles at the message, spending the night with his girlfriend might not be so bad. The two of them, just like old times, before she died and joined Theo's pack.

Liam doesn't reply and places his phone back in his pocket as he realizes that he had lost track of direction. He sighs as he looks around him, trying to make sense of where he is going. Just as he is about to make a turn, he senses something nearby.