53: Don't Call Him

Start from the beginning

⚠️Trigger Warning Ended ⚠️

"Female 20s, head lac and bruising all over, a cab driver called it in", the sirens blared my head as faces looked up at me and tried to calm me down, my heartbeat fast as they hauled me into the hospital.

"Get a head MRI, and let's get these clothes off, and prepare for a rape kit", I felt the stings of the light as it burned my eyes.

"Please... Please don't call my husband", I tore the mask off and whispered to her as I knew what was going through her mind.

"She has extensive scarring all up her back, for over many years I already called a social worker", I woke up in a secluded hospital bed and I scanned the room letting my worries slip my mind.

"She's awake", they removed the mask as I saw a doctor appear in my line of sight, she looked at the vitals as they ran smoothly. The doctor left as I was left alone with the person who seemed to know all about me.

"You promised me", the voice rang into my head loud and clear it sounded so familiar, but it was like I wanted to forget her voice.

"Your mother she made me promise that you would be safe, that he wouldn't hurt you as he did to her all those years", she yelled at me as I saw the well of tears flood her eyes.

"I... I'm sorry", I told her as I watched her break in front of me. Nurses don't cry with their patients but when they're family they do.

"Let me call Nolan, let me report this, get justice for you and your mother he'll be locked up for life I promise she had proof too, photos, videos", she begged me to report it but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"He has my sister and if I do any... anything he will kill her", I told her as she breathed heavily and I heard her voice cut deep as she cried out.

"I'll help you get her back, the police they can do it", she looked me in the eye and promised me things she couldn't deliver.

"You can't help me, no one can help me", I told her as I turned to a side and she hugged me.

"How long is this supposed to go on, huh, how long?", she asked me as she yelled loudly and I saw her pull out her phone. Her fiery eyes stared into mine and I didn't know how to answer her question, because I truly didn't know.

"Don't call him", I looked her dead in the eye as she stuffed the phone back in her pocket.

"I'm reporting this", she grabbed the clothes that had my bruises and the images the doctors took as I screamed at her no.

"The police, won't do anything don't you understand he owns the police, he donates every year to the police a hefty amount of money", she put the bags down as I grabbed my phone as it was ringing rapidly.

"Hey sweetie", Nolan said softly as I heard the engine of the plan roaring in the background.

"Hi", my voice was dry and filled with sorrow. He was so sweet and caring and all I did was lie. I knew if I told him he wouldn't stop until I had my sister and Daniel and Melissa would be in jail, but he would know.

"How was the trip?", I cut the silence in half as I knew he was listening in on the background.

"It was good, it's beautiful in Dubai, I'm at a layover flight. Also, Alison is coming over, she said she wanted to talk to you about something.", he said as I whispered under my breath.

"That's good, Nolan I have to go, I love you", I told him as he said it back and hung up the phone. Clara gave me a look as I tucked the phone in my pocket.