Chapter 16

Alex's P.O.V

Damon rushed to his car and I followed after him. "Wait, I'm coming with you," I said to him and he just got into his car.

"Sorry, sister. Face it. You'll only slow me down if I have to hurt him." Damon said and drove away. I stood there annoyed then turned and called Stefan. This time he answered.

"You know, it is so refreshing to know that whatever you say will not bother me," Stefan said to me and I rolled my eyes.

"Then why even answer my call? It's only me you annoying older sister." I said to him.

"Same reason people channel surf when they're bored, Alex. Just passing time while my new friend fills out the paperwork." Stefan and I became confused.

"Wait, you're doing paperwork?" I asked him, confused. "Stefan, why are you doing paperwork?"

"You already know why. She had everything messengered over from the county clerk's office, and I will be on my way as soon as she signs on the last dotted line." Stefan said and I sighed.

"Stefan doesn't do this. Please I'm begging you-"

"Uh-uh-uh... You have to notarize that page. Where's your stamp?" Stefan asked his friend and hung up on me. Damn it!

~

I walked into the grill and over to the bar. "Where is it?" I asked and Matt watched me from where he sat.

"Where's what?" I turned to him quickly. I looked at his friend and smiled.

"Alex, Alex Salvatore. Nice to meet you but right now I need Bourbon because Stefan has gone to kill Elena in order to hurt Damon." I found the bourbon and broke the top off. I walked over to them and I took a swig. "Which means the last 7 years was for fucking nothing," I explained and continued to drink my drink.

"Wait Stefan going to kill Elena?" Matt asked and I nodded, then shook the bottle in front of his face.

"I.e. Why did I do this? Not to mention I feel like I'm back at square one with my brother. Running off, telling me nothing, not letting me help...Good times." I said and took another swig. The boy sitting next to Matt. "What?"

"You're exactly like Alaric said you'd be." He held out his hand and I shook it. "Dorian. Your Klaus Mikaelson wife right?" He asked and I nodded as I let go of the hand.

"Again one of my many reasons to drink," I said to him and drank my bourbon.

"I only ask because some girl came up, not Hayley, but some else. She said since Klaus screwed over Alaric once, that he could come to watch him suffer for all his sins." I looked down sadly. "But he declined."

"Good," I stated. I turned to Matt as he looked at me. "She came to everyone didn't she?" I asked and he nodded.

"I considered it, but then I remembered what you told me. Why he wasn't fighting back." Matt said and I nodded.

"Speaking of that." Dorian looked through his paper then handed me a sheet. "Alaric had me find all the packs you needed to get your husband and his family back." I grabbed the paper and looked to see only 5 names. "He said to give it to you if I met you."

"You're missing one," I said to him and he nodded.

"I couldn't find them. Apparently, they are supposed to have died out..." I looked at him worried. "But I doubt it. If they're still out there I'll find them." He said and I flooded up the piece of paper.

"Thank you," I said and left in a flash. I went to the armory and walked in to see Hayley cleaning up after the kids. I walked up to her with a smile. I then saw Alaric walk up behind him and I ran past her to Alaric. I hugged him and almost knocked him over.

"I'm guessing you met Dorian," Alaric said and I nodded. I pulled away and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said and he nodded.

"Can't believe I'm saying this but, go and get Klaus back," Alaric said and I smiled before turned to Hayley and rushing to my car. I drove away and smiled. One more step closer.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

A/N: I'm skipping two episodes. In that time Alex drives to the first location where one of the werewolf packs is. But is called back by Damon telling Stefan was human, Enzo is dead, and kai's back. So she drives back and sighs. So much for progress.