Chapter 15

Alex's P.O.V

I told Damon and he sighed before going to work. He's not going to kill Caroline but he did ask me to explain everything to her. Caroline turned away from the girl she was talking to to see me. Her smile fell as I walked up to her after smiling.

"You are supposed to be on Stefan duty with Damon," Caroline said to me and I nodded.

"Well, there's no point in doing that now. Cade's in town. Hero Hair got free." I said to her and she looked at me shocked.

"What?"

"He also said to choose a side, Stefan or Damon? I chose Damon. Then he told us to kill you." I said to her.

"Alex..."

"Of course we have a plan B, Care," I said to her.

"Hold on, back up. Where is Stefan now?" Caroline asked me and I sighed.

"I don't know. Wherever he is, he's not answering his phone." I told her. Caroline pulled out her phone and tried to call him, but it went to voicemail. She seemed annoyed and I nodded. "You get credit for optimism."

"Voicemail." She said to me and I nodded.

"I'm aware I tried 15 times on the way here."

"How is this even possible? I thought Cade was supposed to live in some kind of psychic dimension." Caroline said to me and I shrugged.

"You mean hell? Oh no, Care. That's just where he likes to go for vacation. He's apparently here to stay." I said to her sarcastically.

"Does your plan B account for that?" Caroline asked me.

"Of course it does. This may come as a surprise to you, but you're not the only optimist in town. I mean I fell in love with Klaus in his worst moments." She nodded, seeing my point. "Well, let's get these people out of here. Stay away, yourself. Cade gave us till sundown to kill a hundred of these people or kill you instead. Damon is going to do half and so am I. And personally, I don't want to be tempted by either." I explained to her as I began to walk away.

"Well, where are you going?" She asked me.

"Less you know, the better. We're up against a mind reader who's also incendiary. But I'm sure it will work itself out anyway." I said to her and walked away. Yeah now I'm really happy I got my kids out of here.

~

"Good job, sis," Damon said as he walked up to me. I sat on top of one of the picnic tables waiting for him. "Caroline safe?"

"You think I would be here if she wasn't?" I asked him and he laughed. He sat next to me and I sighed as I leaned my elbows against my knees. "How did we get here?"

"Over 100 years of bad choices," Damon said and I chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess," I said to him and sighed. I closed my eyes and rubbed my head. My phone rang and I took it out of my pocket. I turned to Damon once I saw it was Alaric calling. "It's Alaric, maybe he knows where another werewolf pack is? I have to take this." Damon nodded and I walked inside the school to take the call.

"Alex?" Alaric asked and I walked into the history room. It's amazing about the things I remember.

"Yeah, it's me. Did you find another pack?" I asked him and he sighed.

"No," I looked down upset. I watched out the window as Damon began to clean up. I then saw Cade walk up to him and I rolled my eyes. "But someone came by-"

"Who came by?" I asked him and heard the door open. I turned around and started to shock when I saw the person standing in front of me.

"Oh you know, just a little old me," Hayley said and I smiled. I hung up the phone with Alaric and ran up to her. We hugged and laughed out of joy. When we pulled away I looked at her shocked that she was even there.