Chapter 13

Alex's P.O.V

We were watching Vicki as she cleaned tables and I looked around. "I mean, it's weird, right. If I built a world in my own mind, I would make it a happy place, unicorns required." Caroline said as she turned to us. Vicki had brought me a bottle of bourbon. It made me miss her. "But Damon killed Vicki so why would he want her hanging around?" Caroline asked and I watched Vicki as she left.

"She's leaving, c'mon. Let's follow her." I said and we turned to get up. Caroline stopped when she saw someone. I looked and saw Liz sitting at a table at the other end of the room.

"I don't think we're the only ones working in this case," Caroline said as she looked at her mom. "I forgot how pretty she was." She looked at us and we smiled at her. Someone grabbed my wrist and I looked to see John. I gasped and hugged him tightly. He laughed and hugged me back.

"Yay! I knew you in here somewhere." I said to him when we pulled away.

"Considering how I live here, yeah...I'd be here." John said and I rolled my eyes. Bonnie and Caroline looked at me confused.

"Oh, yeah...guys this is John Ashton, John this is Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Bennett," I said to him and they shook hands with him.

"I haven't seen a Bennett witch in a while, not to mention you are as beautiful as your mother Caroline," John said and they smiled at him. John turned my head and gave me a light peck. I was shocked but he just smiled. "I'll be at the boarding house if you need me." John walked away as I stood there shocked.

"I'll tell you what, I'll talk to Vicki, you talk to your Mom," I said and left before anyone else could follow me. I followed Vicki outside to her car.

"What's up, Ashton? Do you need more bourbon? I'm off the clock." Vicki said and I walked up to her. So I guess I married John in Damon's head.

"You haven't seen Damon Salvatore, by any chance, have you?" I asked her.

"No. Gotta go." She said and I stopped her again.

"Are you sure? Maybe he had something to do with that bandage on your neck?" I asked her and she looked at me slightly annoyed.

"Ok, so now you're officially pissing me off. So why don't you come out and say what you really want to say." Vicki said to me.

"I thought that he may be..." Vicki peeled off her bandage which cut me off.

"There, you happy? You can save your speech for later." Vicki said and I stared at the hickey on her neck. That's not what I was hoping it was.

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked her.

"A hickey. So slut-shame me all you want but this didn't come from Damon Salvatore. I haven't even heard that name in all my life." Vicki said and opened her car door. "By the way, I'm happy you left that Klaus guy...he was a real jerk for leaving after you had his kids. John's better than him, he'll be a good father to them." I nodded as she got in her car. She drove away and I sighed.

"Where are you, brother?"

~

I've been walking around and I walked into the graveyard. "Come on Damon. If you're going to be anywhere...you're going to be here." I said to myself as I walked towards my family tomb. I soon stopped when I saw Klaus standing in front of a grave with a bottle of whiskey. He didn't turn around to me. He just looked over his shoulder and then back at the gravestone.

"Come to yell at me again for leaving?" Klaus asked and turned to me. I chuckled and shook my head. Of course, Damon's version of me yells at Klaus whenever she sees him.