Hurt

I picked up the phone.

"Hey Grayson what's up"

"Hello Bella I only have the car for a few hours so if you want to drive to go get your car we gotta do it right now"

I hesitated.

"Ok I'll be outside"

"Cool"

He hung up on me. He sounded like he was in a hurry so I ran outside. I could already see him driving down my street. The car got closer and closer. He stopped at my house.

"Get in"

I jumped in the car and he drove off.

"Why are you in such a hurry"

"I don't have very much time until I have to give my car back to my parents"

"Oh ok"

He only had one car in his house and his parents needed it to get to work everyday. Grayson was driving way past the speeding limit. I held onto the door. I felt very uncomfortable. He was gonna crash I was sure of it. After a record breaking two minutes he slammed on his breaks and told me to go get my car. I did and drove back.

"I'm going to drop the car off at home, meet me there ok?"

"Yeah no problem"

He drove off quickly. His average car actually looked like a race care for a second. I drove at a slow speed compared to Graysons driving. He acted like it was going to be the end of his life if he didn't get it to his house on time. He seemed like a very obedient child. After a few minutes I got to Grayson's house. He was sitting on the sidewalk. Probably waiting for me. I pulled up in front of him.

"Hey there little boy you want some candy, I'll give you some candy if you sit in the back"

He smiled as he looked up at me.

"OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY"

He acted all excited and jumped around in little circles. He ran to the back of the car and got in.

"Where's the candy?"

I pulled out a bag of leftover jolly ranchers.

"There are only a few more so leave me one"

I could hear him in the back playing with the plastic bag.

"Hey do you have any other leftover candy?"

I thought about it for a minute.

"I think there might be some in the back, but don't be disappointed if there melted"

He took off his seatbelt to look.  He dug around and found something.

"Is this a violin Bella?"

I slam on the breaks for a second. I then keep driving.

"Uhh yeah"

He takes a long look at it then jumps up front.

"Do you play it?"

I made a cringe face.

"Yeah I do"

I was expecting him to insult me or something.

"That's so cool, can you play it for me?"

I was surprised.

"Yeah sure... can you play an instrument?"

"Yeah I play piano a lot"

"Woah we could do a duet sometime"

"Yeah"

I kept driving as he admired the violin in its casing. After a while I got stuck in traffic. That gave me a chance to look at Grayson. As soon as I saw him I realized something I should have realized earlier. It was so obvious and terrible. Grayson had a massive bruise on his left cheek. It wasn't just a bruise. It looked like he was hit so hard it started to scab.

"Grayson? What happened to your cheek"

I went to go touch it. He grabbed my hand. And threw it aside.

"I got in the way of a kid on a swing....and she kicked me"

That was a very weird thing to happen but I guess it does happen sometimes.

We got to my house. I couldn't help but feel bad for Grayson. I looked painful.

"Grayson we need to take care of that I'm serious"

"No it's fine I don't eve-"

I sat him down in a chair. I got out a bottle of numbing oil and an ice pack. I went to go put the numbing oil on his face. He flinched to the touch. It must have hurt. After I put the numbing olio on Grayson felt relieved. The oil was supposed to work instantly and he probably hurt like hell. Then I gave him the ice cube.

I took him up to my room and he laid down to help hold up his ice cube.

"So when did this happen"

"Huh?"

"Ur face dumb dumb"

"Oh a little bit after work"

"Oh I see"

He looked at me for a bit then smiled.

"I believe you promised me you would play your violin"

"Right..."promised""

I went downstairs and got my violin to bring it back up. I started playing. (Sounded like this)

After I finished playing I put the violin down. I looked at Grayson. He was smiling. It looked so cute.

"I played you violin later you have to play me piano"

"Eh I'll think about it"

I lightly punched him shoulder. And sat on my bed next to him. I took the remote to turn on the TV. I changed the channel to Netflix.

"What do you want to watch?"

"Big hero six"

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious, now turn it on"

I turned it on and got relaxed. Half way into the show Grayson falls asleep. A few moments after he gets a call from his mom. I wake him up. He picks up his phone. I hear yelling on the other end. He starts to tear up but hides it....

Hello my beautiful ppl. I hope your having a great day and a great week. I don't have chapter suggestions open but I have book suggestions open the rules are down below. If you want to get to know more about me then follow me on insta @meisoka46. Anyways I'm gonna go now byeee.

You read 1043 words

STEPS

1.Email me meisoka46@gmail.com

2.tell me about your book

3.You can Email me ideas and we can talk about them throughout my story wrighting

4.feel free to tell me any idea you have and I will not judge

Thank you 😊