Prologue

Somewhere far away, in a different universe entirely, a little girl sat on one of the many floating islands of her home, called the Doodle Sphere. Her name was Paint, a skeleton girl, no older than the age of 9. Her colorful hair draped over her shoulders, and the mud-brown sweater she wore covered her gloved hands. In her lap was a notebook that she used for drawing and writing stories based off of the many adventures her older sister, Ink, told her about the Alternate Universes that she and her best friends had traveled to together.

          Paint was special, and not just because of her looks. She was a skeleton-inkblob child with many special abilities. Unfortunately, she often lost consciousness after using most of her magic.

          The colorful child is normally seen around her big sis, but her best friend is Glitch - or 'Code' as she is called by Paint. Glitch is also a skeleton-child, but of the age of 12. She greatly reassembles Error, Ink's boyfriend, but is more calmer then him and loves to prank people.

          Today's one of many days that Glitch comes to Inktale for a playdate. Or, so Paint thought. What the glitchy child was really trying to do was get her best friend out of the universe that Paint and her older sister called home. Ink almost never let her little sister outside of Inktale, and Paint was perfectly fine with that. She could always just open up an 'AU Window' to see what any Alternate Universe looked like without leaving the safety of her home universe. But that didn't stop Glitch from trying. Especially on Paint's birthday, not that the little paintblob knows what's coming...