28: I didn't know

MEW'S POV

"Not one of you guys bothered telling me it's his birthday?!" I paced the room back and forth in hopes of trying to make sense of the situation. They were watching me act like a maniac but I couldn't care less. It's been an hour since I came home to all of them in the living room.

"We thought you knew, dumb ass! You're his boyfriend and you don't even know when his birthday is?", Off complained. His words hit a nerve. "Don't blame us!".

"So I'm supposed to blame myself, huh? 'Cause I can never do anything right, Off? Is that what you're trying to tell me?", I faced him close enough to let him know I didn't want to joke around with him.

"What the fuck? I didn't say that! Why are you being so hostile? Stop ruining the mood!", he argued, pushing me away.

"Calm down, dude!", Zee held my right arm with slight force.

I was about to grab Off's collar but Zee and Bright held me back. Saint got in between us and he dragged me far enough from Off before I could lash out at him more.

"Okay just relax, Mew", Saint held me by my shoulders again. "We weren't really supposed to throw a party. Zee and I just thought of it this morning so I called everyone. We didn't tell you because we thought you left with Gulf and it might ruin the surprise if I contacted you. We don't even know if he'll be home soon so just sit down first, okay?".

I breathed deeply, trying to calm my nerves. It's not that they didn't let me in on the plan. I was getting angry at another reason that was far more important and alarming than what he's thinking about.

"Saint, I don't care about the party. I don't care if you guys planned this without me", I grabbed his hands that were still on me. "It's his birthday and we both know that's not the only thing going on today. It's his parents' death anniversary, right? Do you understand why I'm being like this now?".

Saint fell silent and dropped his arms to his side. He nodded and slowly understood my hostility. I was frustrated because Gulf's probably feeling lonely and I'm not there with him right now.

"Bright". I didn't want to do this but he's the one person in the room who knows Gulf more than anyone else, even more than me. "Do you know where his Aunt's house is?".

He sighed and scratched his head. "I don't remember the exact address but I know the way. I guess I can take you there".

I nodded and hurried to the front door to leave. I put on my shoes and swung the door open. Just as I did, Gulf stumbled forward from the outside. I caught him in my arms and saw his eyes all swollen and red.

"Gulf!", I hugged him tight. "How are you? I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't know it was today. I messed up". I rubbed his back as he buried his face on the crook of my neck.

"Mew, it's okay".

"Gulf, I should've gone with you today. Why didn't you tell me?", I held his tear-stained cheeks in my hands. I could still see the sadness in his eyes and it makes me want to tear up as well.

"It's not like I go around telling people what today is, Mew. Don't worry, I'm okay. You're here with me now", he kissed my lips lightly and proceeded to rest his head against mine.

"I'm here with you", I repeated. "I'll always be here for you, Gulf".

"Why were you going outside?", he started scratching my back lightly.

"I was going to look for you", I admitted. "Bright was going to take me to your Aunt's house".

He let me go and faced me. "Bright? He's here?".