09: Next time

MEW'S POV

I was walking around the Engineering Building when I saw him sitting by himself at a table. I haven't really seen him much this week since I went back to my routine of making myself as busy as possible. Since the weekend, I've gotten the same old hours of sleep; two hours max. It doesn't feel good and to be honest, I know I can make it feel better. I just need to convince him.

He's scratching his head with an annoyed look on his face. He's writing down something and then erases it right away. His lips are all pouty. I laughed to myself. He really seems like my type.

"Gulf", I approached him. He looked up and was startled to see me.

I sat next to him and he stared in confusion. I looked at the papers in front of him and realized he was doing his homework. "This one's wrong".

"Really? But I used the formula!", he whined.

"You have to use the other one". I grabbed the pencil in his hand and solved the problem for him. He leaned closer and hummed when he understood what I did. I looked at him and didn't realize his face was so close to mine. I think he didn't realize it either because when he turned his head, our noses touched.

I quickly moved away and cleared my throat. "Just remember to use that formula with those kinds of questions".

"Ah..okay. Thanks". He also feels the awkward tension between us.

"Do you need more help?", I asked.

"Actually...", he pulled out a whole folder full of worksheets from his bag. I laughed at him smiling at me.

"You want me to help you with those?"

"Only if you have time...", he's still smiling. 

"And what will I get from this?", I teased him.

"What do you want?", his eyes grew wide.

"Sleep with me". I deadpanned.

"Ha! Yeah right".

"Please? I'll tutor you as much as you want", I tried persuading him.

"No thanks, Mew".

"Gulf, I need you". He suddenly looked away and fell silent. He put down the pencil and started forming a fist. He's doing it again.

"Uh...I have to go", he looked at his watch and started collecting all the papers on the table, shoving them inside his bag. "See you, Mew".

"Wait! I thought you needed my help?", I grabbed his elbow.

"Maybe next time", he waved at me and started walking away from the table.

What will it take for him to say yes?

Author's note:
Short filler chapter, sorry. I see more people are reading this omg I would love to read your reactions. If you can, kindly do write comments :)