13: Not him

MEW'S POV

I woke up with our hands still together. He was already awake, using his phone with his other hand. He didn't let me go the whole night? I didn't think he'd still stay after all the things I told him about my life, especially about Type.

"Hey, good morning", I said.

"It's already the afternoon, but how was your sleep?", he put down his phone and turned to his side to face me.

"Good, since you're here".

He let out a small laugh in response. "Mew..."

"Yes, Gulf?"

"I've decided that I can keep doing this with you; until you get to have a normal sleeping routine", he started saying. "Don't ask me why I'm agreeing because I don't know how to explain either. Just take it as it is for now. And if it's possible, I want something in return..."

He suddenly looked shy.

"What is it?".

"It's stupid but, can you maybe tutor me this semester? You're a pretty good teacher. My subjects are hard and I can't keep up in class. I know you're super smart and––"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Of course, Gulf. I can help you with your studies".

"Okay", he smiled. "Also, one more thing...can you...hold my hand every night when we sleep? Or is that too much? Wait, forget what I just said. Ah. This is embarrassing!".

He covered his face with his hands. It's adorable for him to ask that.

"Gulf, I can do that too". I reassure him.

"Alright. Oh, and also another thing..."

"What?"

He paused for a while and his face turned serious, "I know you said I look like Type but, please don't act like I am him. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you do. Don't expect too much from me, Mew. Just putting it out there".

I smiled at him, "I won't. I promise".

"Okay. Let's go get breakfast".

––––––

"So you actually told him about Type, huh?".

Off invited me to go to the mall with him. He's picking out a gift for Gun since he got him upset. According to Gun's instructions, "It has to be designer or else I won't forgive you". So funny.

"What was his reaction?", he asked.

I told him how Gulf seems okay with it. He didn't really say much but I guess he's trying to be understanding.

"Just be careful, Mew. He's not him and you might treat him like he is. Type is Type. Gulf is Gulf. They might look alike but they're different, okay?", he says while going through racks of clothes.

"I know. I know. But, I also want to get close to him. I want to get to know him more", I said.

I think Gulf and I can help each other out. Eventually, I want him to learn how to open up about his feelings. Gulf is cute. He's nice and I can tell he's also kind. I don't really know what I feel for him right now. All I know is, I'm going to try my best to make him feel comfortable around not just me, but Saint and the others too. He should feel secure enough to trust his friends.

Off turned around to face me, "And what if you end up falling for each other, Suppasit? What then?".

"Then...I'll just have to deal with that when it actually happens".