-Chapter 12- Broken

Start from the beginning

"There you are," I murmur, smiling to myself.

Who knew I could get so close to them in such a short amount of time? Stacy would be so happy, seeing me finally moving on. And to think, I thought these guys were with them. There's just something about them that... interests me?

Snapping out of my thoughts, I jog back into the living room.

"When I was outside handing out the coco, I got some Twitter names from some of the girls," I give Niall the paper.

"And why do you tell us this, hours after?" Louis asks, eyebrow raised.

"I guess I forgot.." I laugh, scratching the back of my head with my right hand.

They immediately went silent, staring at me. Awkwardly, I down my arm but before it touched my side, Harry snatched it, making me flinch.

"H-Harry. W-Wha-"

"Who did this?" He questioned, turning my arm around so you could see the pen marks.

"O-Oh! I almost forgot! These are the other names I got."

"Does it hurt?" Liam inspects it carefully.

"No! I've actually forgotten about it."

"You forgot about it? It's turning blue, Violet!" Louis snaps.

"I-"

"Violet, what's that on your other arm?" Niall points to my left wrist. My eyes bulge and I pull away from Liam and Harry's grasps.

"N-Nothing." How'd he notice them? I swear I put-I internally facepalm myself. I forgot to cover it up after I took a shower. How could I be so careless?!

"Violet, show us," Zayn cautiously takes a step forward.

"It's nothing! There's nothing-" before I could finish, Louis swoops in and grabs my left hand. I desperately tried to pull it back but he overpowered me.

"Violet... Why would you..." I zoned out as old memories flashed within my head.

Everything went dark and grandma showed up in front of me.

"Violet, I made some muffins! Your favorite!" She shouted happily, holding up a plate of muffins. I saw my nine year old self run up to her and attacked her with a hug.

"You're the best!" She grabbed one of the strawberry muffins and skipped away as if nothing was wrong.

"Would you like one?"She asked me. I backed away slowly making her frown. "It's delicious! Try one?" She walked closer and the more steps she took, the more bruises she got on her already fragile body.

"Don't come any closer... please..."

"And why not? Do you not like me?" Hurt formed on her face but she didn't stop.

"No! No! I could never! Just please, stop-" It was too late, she collapsed onto the ground, lifeless. Tears sprang into my eyes as I stared at her stiff body.

A piece of my heart breaks and is thrown onto the floor as if it was garbage.

My vision becomes dark and after a couple seconds, I could see again.

Father appeared before me, holding up a belt with mom in one arm.

No, no, please... not this again.

He moved away from mom and towards me. I stumbled backwards, falling on the floor.

Worthless