#16

[Levi's POV] 

"Tch, these brats are getting on my nerves." I complain, maintaining my expressionless composture. I was sitting on a moderately comfy chair in Erwin's office, Petra standing by the door. "Would you like some tea, Corporal?" She asked, blushing like a little girl. I glare at her, but agree because I really needed to stay awake today. 

After Hange had finished her experiments, both Scarlett and Eren were taken back down to the dungeons. I had left Armin in charge, Jean also, of the two Titan Shifters. 

Well that was a mistake. 

Not too long after Petra had gone off to make tea, Erwin left the room as well, explaining that he had other work to attend to. 

Great. 

I was alone. 

"Levi?" A gentle voice came from the doorway, automatically making me assume that it was Petra. But I was wrong. It was Laura. Her long ginger hair was let down and it swished around her waist as she walked towards me. God, she was stunning. "H-Hello Laura...w-what brings y-you here?" I stuttered, my face turning slightly red. She smiled. "My harness...it's torn." She replies, and she pulls away her jacket, showing the tear in one of the straps. Swiftly, I open up one of Erwin's desk draws and pull out a needle and a lot of brown thread. "Take a seat and try not to move too much." I instruct, carefully threading the thread through the needle eye. Laura sat down on Erwin's desk chair and shook off her jacket so that it rested by her elbows. Then, I carefully lifted up the strap and started to thread the harness back together again. 

Just as I was about to tie a knot in the thread, Petra appeared by the door. Surprised, both Laura and I looked at her, and Petra dropped the tray with the tea cup. The china cup smashed into a million pieces, and the hot tea splattered onto the floor, spilling everywhere. The tray clattered around her feet and Petra stared at us with wide eyes. 

Ah.

Well shit. 

...

"HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT OUR MARRIAGE??" A furious Petra slammed her hand down on Erwin's desk, shaking. I winced and Laura reached for my hand, looking completely terrified. "Petra please-" But Petra wasn't listening. She shouted about how much of a liar I was, and how much her father had gone through to get her to talk about marriage. I sat back in the chair, still holding onto Laura's hand. I must admit, it felt like I was being fought over. "Please just calm down." Laura suddenly said, and Petra turned red with anger. "YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING TO ME YOU STUPID CADET. YOU DON'T KNOW LEVI LIKE I DO AND HOW DARE YOU TRY AND TAKE MY PLACE AS HIS WIFE. GET OUT OF HERE. NOW." Laura sat calmly through this rant and once Petra was done, she stood up, grabbed my shirt and pulled me towards her lips. In an instant, our lips were touching. It only lasted for a second, but she grinned before letting go of me. 

Petra looked like she had just seen a ghost. 

Yeah, well that was before Laura raised her hand and slapped her around the face. "Don't shout at me. You are such a desperate little girl Petra, grow up." 

And with those words said, Laura gently walked out of the room and slammed the door behind her. 

Well damn. 

Word Count: 581  

Time: 14:09 

Date: 16/07/2020