#9

[Jean's POV (again)] 

It was the early hours of the morning and my arm felt completely dead. Opening my eyes slightly, I yawned and tried to sit up. "Ouch." I muttered, as my left arm felt numb. Looking down, I realized that I wasn't in my own bed and I widened my eyes, wondering what on earth I was doing in someone else's bed. A slight movement came from beside me and I almost jumped out of my skin when I saw who I was next to. "SCARLETT??" I yelped, trying to stay quiet. Instead of waking up, she threw an arm around my neck and pulled me down to lay back down. I tried to breathe normally but the position that I was in sort of prevented me to breathe properly. I was squished up just under her chin (you can guess where I was) and it didn't look like I was going to be freed any time soon. Sighing, I lay there, memories of last night flooding through my head. 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN SCARLETT'S BED YOU PERVERT?!" Mikasa screamed, whacking a pillow at my head. I winced and instantly moved away from Scarlett's grip. She made a strange small noise and turned over sleepily, still not waking up. Making eye contact with Mikasa, she slapped my face and dragged me onto the floor by my shirt. "YOU MUST BE ABSOLUTELY BEGGING FOR A DEATH WISH IF YOU'RE ACTING LIKE SUCH A PERVERT!" I rubbed the back on my neck and looked at her through half lidded eyes. "She was the one who pulled me in that position." I replied, leaning against a bed post. "EVEN SO, WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN HER BED??" Mikasa screeched, waking up a few of the others from their deep sleeps. I grinned. "She wanted me to sleep with her....WAIT THAT SOUNDS WRONG." I held up my hands defensively as Mikasa's face turned red with fury. "AS IF SHE'D WANT TO BE WITH YOU!" I slapped my face with my hand and groaned. "Listen, Scarlett didn't want to sleep alone last night and so she asked me to stay with her." I said defensively, trying to prevent myself from being attacked again. Mikasa's fury seemed to drain from her pale face and she looked at me suspiciously. "Hmph. Fine, but I'm asking Scarlett when she wakes up." She said, and I sigh, relieved. 

When Scarlett finally wakes up (about an hour and a few minutes later), Mikasa is quick to crouch by her bed. Scarlett yelps in surprise as she sees Mikasa staring at her, while I stand in the corner. "Did you ask Jean to stay in your bed last night, or is this news to you?" Scarlett looks at me with a confused look and she laughs quietly. "If I didn't ask Jean to stay with me, then he would have been in the Medical wing by now." I gulp nervously, making a mental note to never do anything without her permission. "I see. Well, were you aware that Jean-" But she was cut off as Commander Pyxis opened the cabin door. "Good morning cadets, are you prepared for today's training?" 

*time skip* 

We had to run laps around the training field. HOW WAS THAT EVEN FAIR?? The sun was blazing down on us and several other cadets from different units collapsed from the heat. I was starting to give up, but then Scarlett zoomed passed, over taking everyone. I widened my eyes as she grinned, passing my way. Everyone else was in total shock, because quite frankly, no one really expected the two new cadets to be so good at the training. 

But, I guess that we were all soon to be surprised when the time actually came to killing the Titans. 

Word Count: 639 words

Time: 11:09

Date: 26/06/2020