Chapter Thirteen- I Go To Winona's Birthday Party

Start from the beginning

"I'm well, and thank you, both of you. That really does mean a lot," Winona stated, with a grin. 

"You're very much welcome," Lily said, smiling, as she took a little box out of the pocket of her cardigan, and passed it to Winona, "Your present," she stated. 

Winona frantically opened it, and then opened the little black box to find a necklace with her birthstone embellished into it. A topaz. 

"This is beautiful, Lily. Thank you!" Winona said. 

"Well, I do try my best," Lily replied. 

Yeah. It seemed that she tried her best to be everyone's friend but mine. 

Why did I even need her approval, anyway? 

Why did I even want her to like me? 

This was so dumb. 

Ulric soon joined us, with a smile upon his face, and those vivid sky-blue eyes of his. 

"I'm going to go and prepare myself for the party, but I'll see you three soon!" Winona stated, then, before walking away. 

Ulric waved her goodbye. 

Once Winona was away, Ulric raised an eyebrow as his eyes looked between Lily and I. 

"Are you two studying?" he inquired. 

Lily simply shrugged. 

"You could say that," she stated. 

Ulric just nodded. 

"Right, well, we better start getting ready for the party soon, Lils," he stated. 

Lily nodded approvingly. 

"Yes. You're probably right," she said, her fingers grazing over the spines of some of the books for a moment, while she met my gaze again with that serious stare. 

"Well..." Ulric trailed off, probably noticing the tension in the air. 

"Well, I'm going to go and get ready," Lily stated, then, as she fluttered her fingers in a wave, again, and wandered away from the both of us. 

Ulric locked eyes with me, and gave me an expression of curiosity. 

"Is she okay?" he asked me. 

"Probably not," I muttered under my breath, glancing towards my book on the Bronte sisters,momentarily. 

"Interesting," Ulric said. 

"Yeah, I'll give her that," I replied. 

Ulric seemed to catch on to the tone of my voice. 

"Are you okay?" he asked me. 

I just began to place my book in my bag. 

I had somehow lost my focus. 

I wondered why that could be. 

"I just wish I understood why Everett doesn't like me," I stated then, using her first name seemed too personal, too friendly, and Lily had proven that the two of us were not friends. 

"I-" Ulric started, "Why don't you think Lily likes you?" 

"I don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that it's something to do with-" 

Sooner than I could say anything more, my phone began to buzz with a call from Violet.

"She said so," I stated. 

He looked towards my phone for a second, and then met my eyes again. 

"Wait- she said so?" he asked.