~twelve~

~it'll be okay, right?

The second that Mark had unlocked the front door, I sped off into my room, I scared Chica once again in the process. But I need space and I don't think I can handle being around someone right now. I'm sure Mark knew that because he didn't dash after me. I entered my room, tossed my phone on my bed, and hastily slid down the door trying to calm myself down and process things. 

After a few minutes of doing breathing exercises, I came to the conclusion that I needed to get my therapist to up my dosage to my meds. Eventually, I calmed myself down enough that I wasn't two bad thoughts away from hyperventilating and pulled myself up to change out of this stupid form-fitting, short dress that I put on. I may be hella insecure, but I do have a fashion sense now that I've grown out of my emo phase. I put on a prototype of a 'cloak' cropped hoodie from Mark's clothing line that he had given me a few days ago, and leggings. I'm not that comfortable with Mark yet, so I didn't change into what I would regularly wear at home, aka an oversized shirt and booty shorts. 

I jumped into bed, ready to take a nap before my phone started going off like crazy. Cautiously checking to see who was texting me, I saw that I wasn't being texted, but rather being tagged in an insane amount of photos on Instagram. My breath hitched in my throat as I saw what it was. I knew the fact that Mark was taking care of me was pretty much already out, but I didn't know that the scene I had made at school was recorded. They were honestly making such a big deal for no reason. Yeah the great 'Markiplier' was taking care of me while my parents were in the hospital, possibly on their death bed, so what? Behind his internet persona, he's a person, just like the rest of us. I scoffed, trying to get to my settings to turn off my Instagram notifications, because the fan accounts have already spotted the commotion and were going insane. 

I sighed, before going to my messages and answering my countless texts from my friends and my boyfriend. All of which were asking about why I left so early when I said I was leaving with them, the scene from earlier this morning, and the scandal that I've caused. 

"Knock knock," Mark's voice erupted through the door. "Come in," I responded, sitting up so I could talk to him. He gently opened the door, "Hey, do you want lunch? I'm about to order from postmates." As if on cue, my stomach growled, I've eaten less within the past few days than I ever have before, so lunch was very appreciated. 

"Ooo! Get VeggieGrill!" I desperately wanted one of their veggie wraps, but Mark made a disgusted face at me. 

"Oh come on, chose a place that uses real meat," He put an emphasis on 'real', which made me scoff. 

"Please?" I said dragging the word on, "I've been craving a veggie wrap for over a month now." I pouted my lips up at him which made him cave. 

"Fine, but just this once." He chuckled as he placed the order before looking back up at me. 

"Let's stop moping around, it's not gonna help the situation, and frankly-it's an unhealthy coping mechanism. Come watch a movie with me!" I rolled my eyes at him before swiftly getting up and followed him downstairs. He was right in a way. Sleep was all I really wanted to do right now, and pretty much all I have energy for, but just laying around is just gonna make me feel worse. Mentally and physically. 

 I remembered the current scandel right as we sat down on the couch in his living room. 

"Oh yeah, Mark?" He looked at me in curiosity, nodding his head signaling for me to go on before grabbing the remote and turning the tv on. I watched as the Apple logo popped onto the screen before transitioning into the home screen while I talked. 

"So when Ethan went to give me my phone back, it caused some commotion, and people wouldn't leave me alone about it, so I was basically forced to explain. Now, the secret is out that you're watching me, and fan accounts have been blowing up my Instagram ever sense." My words shook as they came out of my mouth. Mark didn't have the stressed out reaction as I would have expected. Instead, he laughed slightly, which made me cock my head to the side in confusion. 

"I knew it was gonna get out eventually, but it's not that big of a deal, I'll just make a video explaining everything. Boom, problem solved. You don't even have to be in the video if you don't want to." I nodded as I watched him open Netflix, and the familiar 'duh dum' came from the TV's speakers. 

"I don't know, I don't think I can handle the trash of youtube." I sheeply replied. "Like I said, you don't have to be in it. But, my community is very respectful." To which I shrugged my shoulders, I have a feeling that if I appear in it, something bad will happen. 

Mark's phone chimed, and he put the remote in his lap and replaced it with his phone. He looked at the message before laughing slightly. "Ethan's bored, apparently. He's coming over. Do you mind if he watches the movie with us?" I shook my head, "Nah of course I don't mind, I am an Unus, after all." I laughed as I watched his face show clear an offended look, he was joking about it, though. 

"You're a douchebag," He gave me a glare, "You're- uh, you- need an ego check!" I failed to give a good joke back. Mark threw his hands up in victory. "Haha! Suck on that, Ms. I fail to give roasts." 

The doorbell rang, interrupting our insult session, which also woke Chica up. She perked her golden head up in confusion and started barking. "Chica come here, it's okay." She looked at the door once more before coming towards me. I slid off the couch and onto the floor and pet her softly. "It's okay, girl. It's just Ethan, you're fine." I pulled her into a hug, and she rested her head on my shoulders, whimpering slightly. 

Mark and Ethan walked into the living room, and Ethan plopped down onto the couch beside me, kicking his legs up onto the coffee table. "Hey Karli, how are you?" I shrugged my shoulders, "I could be better, but, I'm getting there I guess." He gave me a warm smile, "You'll get there," Mark's phone beeped, and he looked at it for a second before sighing. 

"Twitters going crazy, I should probably make the video. Can you guys wait for me before you start the movie?" Ethan and I looked at each other with a look that said 'why not?'

"Sure, just don't be too long, I wanna eat my veggie wrap with the entertainment!" I said in a baby voice, for literally no reason. Mark's face scrunched up as he tried not to laugh at my outburst. "I'll be twenty minutes at most, don't worry you'll have your food." He said, chuckling. Ethan turned to me once Mark walked upstairs to his office. 

"I'm sorry that I caused so much attention towards you," I shook my head. "It was gonna happen anyways, don't be sorry." He smiled at me, "So what's your cousins name? The one that's transferring to Lake Veiw next school year?" 

"Jaiden, he's not very talkative, though. He'll have to warm up to you before he even considers trusting you." He half joked, but in his eyes, it seemed like an idea popped into his head, I shook it off. 

"Well, he'll be a great fit for my friend group then." 

After a few minutes of talking and joking around, Mark came back into the room and we watched Rush Hour while eating our lunch. 

A/N: Writer's block is a very shitty thing lately. I feel like I half assed this chapter, I'm sorry :(